Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Use of System Planning Tool (SPT) Post 302342685 by borek on Monday 10th of August 2009 12:09:07 PM
Old 08-10-2009
Some info is in IBM PowerVM Virtualization Managing and Monitoring, Chapter 8.

Where do you have problem? It's quite easy tool when you know how works PowerVm

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Performance Tool

Could someone point me in the correct direction or web link containing instructions for installing the System Performance Tool (aka STP) software on an IBM-AIX version 4.? machine. My client has the software (that came from their original server) on a 3" floppy. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pam
1 Replies

2. Debian

system load tool

hi. i'm searching for a tool that shows the system load of dual-box. something like "top", but with a column for each cpu and (optionally) memory usage shown in kb. it needs to be a command line tool because the box is a server and so it has no xserver running. i've already searched google,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikester
0 Replies

3. AIX

VIO IVM Generating System Plan SPT.

Hello, I have a question. In the HMC if you have VIO server and LPARS already configured, the system planning tool will generate the report for you simply by clicking Create a New System --> Select the Managed Server and it will do it. 1) - How could I do the same if I don't have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Contingency planning for System Failure

I have inhereted a Solaris 8 server which is running an important application in our production environment. The dilema is that the server has just one internal hard drive I believe it was installed using jump start, it does not even have a CD ROM drive and root is not mirrored (since there is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

6. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wich tool for check that two system have the same configuration

Hello , On a couple of system I have to check that systems have the same configuration. This system are part of manual cluster but when application are going to switch from one side to another side I would like to be sure I am not going to experience incidents. It is why I wonder if on the web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier38450
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion for System Monitoring Tool

We have AIX and RHEL. Need suggestion for system monitoring tool for AIX and RHEL. Free or paid is fine as I would like to compare. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasu
3 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)