Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Use of System Planning Tool (SPT) Post 302342673 by pchangba on Monday 10th of August 2009 11:42:43 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Use of System Planning Tool (SPT)

How to use system Planning tool.
I have installed it and trying to just design something but i dont know any thing ...is there any documentation or questions to practice the SPT ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Performance Tool

Could someone point me in the correct direction or web link containing instructions for installing the System Performance Tool (aka STP) software on an IBM-AIX version 4.? machine. My client has the software (that came from their original server) on a 3" floppy. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pam
1 Replies

2. Debian

system load tool

hi. i'm searching for a tool that shows the system load of dual-box. something like "top", but with a column for each cpu and (optionally) memory usage shown in kb. it needs to be a command line tool because the box is a server and so it has no xserver running. i've already searched google,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikester
0 Replies

3. AIX

VIO IVM Generating System Plan SPT.

Hello, I have a question. In the HMC if you have VIO server and LPARS already configured, the system planning tool will generate the report for you simply by clicking Create a New System --> Select the Managed Server and it will do it. 1) - How could I do the same if I don't have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Contingency planning for System Failure

I have inhereted a Solaris 8 server which is running an important application in our production environment. The dilema is that the server has just one internal hard drive I believe it was installed using jump start, it does not even have a CD ROM drive and root is not mirrored (since there is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

6. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wich tool for check that two system have the same configuration

Hello , On a couple of system I have to check that systems have the same configuration. This system are part of manual cluster but when application are going to switch from one side to another side I would like to be sure I am not going to experience incidents. It is why I wonder if on the web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier38450
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion for System Monitoring Tool

We have AIX and RHEL. Need suggestion for system monitoring tool for AIX and RHEL. Free or paid is fine as I would like to compare. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasu
3 Replies
Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector - Image tool for selecting rectangular regions HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector INTERFACES
Gtk2::ImageView::Tool DESCRIPTION
Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector is a tool for selecting areas of an image. It is useful for cropping an image, for example. The tool is an implementor of the Gtk2::ImageView::Tool inteface which means that it can be plugged into a Gtk2::ImageView by using the Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::set_tool() method. Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector changes the default display of the Gtk2::ImageView. It darkens down the unselected region of the image which provides a nice effect and makes it clearer what part of the image that is currently selected. Unfortunately, this effect is somewhat incompatible with how Gtk2::ImageView::Nav behaves because that widget will show the image without darkening it. The tool also changes the default behaviour of the mouse. When a Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector is set on a Gtk2::ImageView, mouse presses do not "grab" the image and you cannot scroll by dragging. Instead mouse presses and dragging is used to resize and move the selection rectangle. When the mouse drags the selection rectangle to the border of the widget, the view autoscrolls which is a convenient way for a user to position the selection. Please note that Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector draws the image in two layers. One darkened and the selection rectangle in normal luminosity. Because it uses two draw operations instead one one like Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Dragger does, it is significantly slower than that tool. Therefore, it makes sense for a user of this library to set the interpolation to GDK_INTERP_NEAREST when using this tool to ensure that performance is acceptable to the users of the program. Zoom bug There is a small bug in Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector that becomes apparent when the zoom factor is greater than about 30. The edge of the selection rectangle may in that case intersect a pixel. The bug is caused by bug 389832 in gdk-pixbuf. There is no way to solve this bug on Gtk2::ImageView's level (but if someone knows how, I'd really like to know). METHODS
tool = Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector->new ($view) o $view (Gtk2::ImageView) Returns a new selector tool for the specified view with the following default values: selection : (0, 0) - [0, 0] rectangle = $selector->get_selection Returns a Gtk2::Gdk::Rectangle with the current selection. If either the width or the height of the selection is zero, then nothing is selected and undef is returned. See "selection-changed" for an example. $selector->set_selection ($rect) o $rect (Gtk2::Gdk::Rectangle) Sets the selection rectangle for the tool. Setting this attribute will cause the widget to immidiately repaint itself if its view is realized. This method does nothing under the following circumstances: If the views pixbuf is undef. If rect is wider or taller than the size of the pixbuf If rect equals the current selection rectangle. If the selection falls outside the pixbufs area, its position is moved so that it is within the pixbuf. Calling this method causes the ::selection-changed signal to be emitted. The default selection is (0,0) - [0,0]. selector : a Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector rect : Selection rectangle in image space coordinates. PROPERTIES
'view' (Gtk2::ImageView : default undef : writable / construct-only) Image View to navigate SIGNALS
selection-changed (Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector) SEE ALSO
Gtk2::ImageView, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 by Jeffrey Ratcliffe. This software is licensed under the GPL-3; see Gtk2::ImageView for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gtk2::ImageView::Tool::Selector(3pm)