Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect question Post 302342639 by stinkefisch on Monday 10th of August 2009 10:51:37 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Expect question

Hi all,

I have got a small expect script like this one.

#!/usr/bin/expect -f

set timeout 2
spawn ftp $env(IP)
match_max 100000
expect -exact "Name"
send -- "$env(USER)\n"
expect -exact "Password:"
send -- "$env(PASSWORD)\n"
expect "%"
send "bin\r"
expect "%"
send "prompt\r"
expect "%"
send "cd /etc\r"
expect "%"
send "do some commands blah blah blah\r"
expect "%"
send "cd /etc/init.d\r"
expect "%"
send "put file1\r"
expect "%"

if /etc/init.d does not exist file1 will be uploaded to /etc instead of /etc/init.d. How can I get expect not to upload file1 if /etc/init.d doesn't exist???????

Thank you very much

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question regarding EXPECT

I am rather new to using expect and have only written a few scripts using it. I am trying to create a script that will read a file containing a number of hostnames and then for each one: ssh into the box, run a command, scp the output back to a center server. So far I can make all that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finnje
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expect question

I am trying to write a script that telnets out to multiple ip's, runs some commands exits and the telnets to the next ip. I wrote the following script and it works great until the program hits a nonresponsive ip. I would like this to recognize the ip is bad and move on in the foreach loop. How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbaets01
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about an expect script

I am using Expect to spawn a command that loops through a text file and runs the same command for each item in the text file. The text file, named stat.txt looks something like this: 2007-04 alist 543 2008-07 blist 543 2008-03 xlist 345 2008-03 ylist 675 2003-03 zlist 567 The expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

two question about expect srcipt

Hi experts, I have two question about expect script questions 1 send "tar -xjvf a.tar\r" send "ifconfig\r" I want to know if it just run "ifconfig after "tar -xjvf a.tar complete. or the two cmd run at the same time question 2 after I use the expect to ssh to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect question

I have an expect script that appears to be working normally however for some reason, the remote side appears to be stripping off the variables from the awk command. This is the original: expect \"~]$\" send \"sed 's/=/ /g;s/,/ /g' /home/file.txt | grep abc | awk '{print $6,$8}'This is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

Have an expect script but can't seem to de-bug it. It's stalling at the password prompt. If anyone can see a mistake, kindly let me know. Thanks. Here is the error: spawn ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no user@xx.xx.xx.xx rpm -qa # Warning! You have entered into a secured area! # # All... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

I'm using expect to log into a remote host and then execute another script. A log of the script is being created but I can't see to get the script to display while it's running. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here is the script. #!/bin/bash cd /root cat /root/hostname1.txt | while read... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
PRINTENV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       PRINTENV(1)

NAME
printenv, env -- print out the environment, set and print environment SYNOPSIS
printenv [name] env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The printenv utility prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. If name is specified, only its value is printed. Some shells may provide a builtin printenv command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The env utility executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an envi- ronment variable, name, with a value of value. The options are as follows: -i Execute the utility with only those environment values specified. The environment inherited by env is ignored completely. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. The env utility is sometimes useful with the ``#!'' construct (see execve(2)). The only difference between ``#!/usr/local/bin/foo'' and ``#!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/foo'' is that the latter works even if /usr/local/bin/foo is itself interpreted. Using env this way also allows one to reference foo without the path, as well as set up the environment as desired. ENVIRONMENT
The env utility uses the PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The printenv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. The env utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The env utility accepts the - option as a synonym for -i. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The printenv command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The env utility doesn't handle utility arguments with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD