Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with variable Post 302342560 by ryandegreat25 on Monday 10th of August 2009 08:25:51 AM
Old 08-10-2009
i think the PROCESSED 0 will only happen if last file is the same with what is being compared.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable= 'cat file|wc -l' String problems

Hi, does anybody knows about wc -l, how to transform it inot a just number? this script ALWAYS executes the command3!!, However, the value of BMU_RUNNING is 1 case $BMU_RUNNING in *0) command1 ;; *1) command 2;; *)command 3;; esac The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santiago
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems reiterating values from txt file into a variable

Hi, I have written a script to retrieve phone numbers from an error log and output the phone numbers into an text file. I then use the list of phone numbers to process each value into a variable so I can run a sql query and update the database. My problem is I can only process the first value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdr411
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems assigning a string to a variable

Hello everyone, My problem looks quite simple , how to assign a string with spaces and lines "\n" to a variable. I've tried all kind of quoting and is impossible, bash always try to execute the string and never executes a simple assignation. This is part of the code ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trutoman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with the value is not store in a variable

#!/bin/bash filecount=0 dirname=path.log exec<$dirname while read line # line by line read source file name and stored in a veribale do sourcedirname=$line ( count=`ls $sourcedirname |wc -l` filecount=`expr $filecount + $count` echo $filecount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Submenu variable problems

The problem is I need it too go from the main menu by pressing 6, to the submenu search_proc. In the search_proc menu/section it need to accept a variable and search the processes for it and sort by PID and Process name. I'm stuck and ran out of ideas. I also cannot figure out why it keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skizo787
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems setting or exporting variable when using multiple commands from same line.

I am experimenting with some scripting as a way to learn more about it. I have a simple script that calls two other scripts. Each script echos some stuff to prove it ran and then sets a simple variable and exports it. I cannot get one of the variables to display back in the main calling script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrif
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies
tiffcmp(1)							   User Commands							tiffcmp(1)

NAME
tiffcmp - compare two TIFF files SYNOPSIS
tiffcmp [options] file1.tif file2.tif DESCRIPTION
tiffcmp compares the tags and data in two files created according to the Tagged Image File Format, Revision 6.0. The schemes used for com- pressing data in each file are immaterial when comparing data. Files are compared on a scanline-by-scanline basis after decompression. Most directory tags are checked, notable exceptions are GrayResponseCurve, ColorResponseCurve, and ColorMap tags. Data is not compared if any of the BitsPerSample, SamplesPerPixel, or ImageWidth values are not equal. By default, tiffcmp terminates if any difference is encountered. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l List each byte of image data that differs between the files. -t Ignore any differences in directory tags. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filex.tif The names of the TIFF files to be compared. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pal2rgb(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), tiffmedian(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Tags that are not recognized by the library are not compared. Such tags may also generate spurious diagnostics. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 tiffcmp(1)