Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: growfs failed
Operating Systems Solaris growfs failed Post 302342541 by octsachin on Monday 10th of August 2009 07:14:53 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Growfs failed

Hi,

If you still see the error, you need to check if the /var is still mounted before doing the growfs.Before going the filesystem, you need to umount the particular FS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlopen failed!

I can open my so file successfully by calling dlopen directly in my main function. But if I fork a child process, and call dlopen in child process, it failed! I don't know why. Following is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <dlfcn.h> void childFunc(void) { void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virmin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

growfs questions

I have a pretty old Sun box (Ultra2 to be specific) with an A1000 storage attached. It's running Solaris 2.6 and has DiskSuite 4.2 installed. There's a filesystem that's almost out of disk space, and I have a free LUN on the A1000 that I can use to expand it by creating a concatenation. I've never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
2 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok. I've have looked and failed.

What I want seems to me should be simple but so am I so.... I have a Unix server that is running a program we will say logged in as UserA. The program is outputting a bunch of stuff to the terminal. I would like to log in from my machine to the server as Either UserA, UserB or if needed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dishevel
2 Replies

5. Solaris

GROWFS in solaris

Hi Gurus Im workin in solaris platform..Actually i just want to kno the procedure that is followed before growing a file system using growfs command.V are having SAP installed in our server and its in cluster..v logged into our storage and created volumes now v need to map the luns and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP failed

Hi All, We are using the following step to place a file in server using FTP STEP_EXECUTE STEP090 /usr/pjc/bin/FTP -i DATASET FTPIN $sic/ctl/ftpsic.ctl DISP=OLD,KEEP,KEEP STEP_END If we run this step we are getting the error. ftp> open arg.mnd.appsc.com Connected to arg.mnd.appsc.com.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Second try mput failed

I'm having few doubts with below questions not able figure out the reason: mput operation used via shell script failed with 550 code return from FTP - "Overwrite cannot be done". ( Having all permissions to this directory ) but why got failed. When trying to run the script again but now it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Rsync failed

I was backing up a home directory and had rsync fail on me. I noticed that it was trying to copy a large file (over 4.2 gigs). That made me wonder if the code is 32 bit and failed on the 2 ^32 (max size issue) The code which I invoked is as follows: rsync -aPH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertdaleweir
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Failed to su to user

I am unable to su to functional user, though changed the soft-hard limit for open files in limits.conf. The following command did not help.ulimit -n <value>While su to user, the error I am getting is -su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailableWhether I need to restart the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
1 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)