Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing ip in a custom way
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing ip in a custom way Post 302342523 by Wonderke on Monday 10th of August 2009 06:04:17 AM
Old 08-10-2009
I'm a bit lost...

i get the theoretical part of your explanation, but it's the practical part where it al goes wrong Smilie
I have made the new file. Created a user(group).
The little shell script that makes the backup, that's ok to.
But then I get stuck. How do i create the script that copies the lines in the new file over the lines in the old file, without copying the whole file (lines like it's mac address can not be changed)? And can you explain me the part about the contrab, cause that's something I never heard before.
Sorry to keep bothering you..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom ftp settings

On the standard ftp supplied with Solaris and HP-UX is there anyone that has been able to disable users from certain settings. i.e the put function. Our customer ftp's onto the unix host and gets files for extraction into a pc based spreadsheet. I want to stop them from being able to delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Custom AIX Prompt

In my .profile, my prompt is set like this: set -o vi PS1=`logname`@`hostname -s`:'$PWD>' Is there a way to show what the history number would be of the command I'm typing in the prompt? For example, I frequently run commands then run 'history' to pull up the history number of a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptrotter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing own custom parameters

I have an rsync command that I want to create a variable where user can change to customize the parameters. complete rsync command to run: $RSYNC -e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u --update $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE What I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Report

Hi All, Am getting the raw report from the source and need to prepare the custom report as per the requirement. Requirement keep getting change according to the need. Raw data is as below /* ----------------- test_job_hu ----------------- */ insert_job: test_job_hu job_type: CMD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep84in
4 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -exEX3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 The -E and -X are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (i.e., changes that would be flagged with ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines from both files will be inserted by the edit script, bracketed by "<<<<<<" and ">>>>>>" lines. For example, suppose lines 7-8 are changed in both file1 and file2. Applying the edit script generated by the command "diff3 -E file1 file2 file3" to file1 results in the file: lines 1-6 of file1 <<<<<<< file1 lines 7-8 of file1 ======= lines 7-8 of file3 >>>>>>> file3 rest of file1 The -E option is used by RCS merge(1) to insure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's atten- tion. FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/libexec/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 DIFF3(1)