Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoking one shell script from another unix box Post 302342478 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 10th of August 2009 02:57:02 AM
Old 08-10-2009
take the ip instead of the hostname.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

invoking an Unix script from a C Program

How to invoke an Unix Script from C program? (or) How to invoke another C program from a C program? thanks Karthik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking one shell script from other

hi, i am one day old in shell scritpting. how to invoke one shell script from the other? For eg.i have two shell scripts A.sh and B.sh. Inside A.sh i need to invoke B.sh and the return code of A.sh should be the value returned by B.sh. it would be better if you provide any sample shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay xavier
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Shell Script via php

list me commands to invoke a shell script from php once the submit button is clicked in the php page. Requirement is Once a submit button is clicked it should run a script that displays the outcome of the script in a html/php. Please help. Thanks in Advance, BubeshJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Box A's perl script calling box B's shell script

Hi all, i have a perl script one server. I am running a cronjob to execute my perl script. #! /usr/bin/perl ... ... ... #call a shell script on another server How can i accomplish #? Do i have to issue a system (" ssh -l username server | shellscript.sh") in my shell script? or is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Unix Box to Windows Shell Script

Hello All, Could someone help me out with this? I want to incorporate this into an existing script so the output of a SAS job can be ftp'd from our UNIX box to a directory on a drive in Windows environment. Can this be done with no extra third party software? We currently use Putty for copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Miguel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem invoking shell script

whats wrong here?! ________________ #!/bin/sh # FILE: clean_dirs # GOAL : To clean up directories used in Oracle processing # LANGUAGE : shell script (sh) # PARAMETERS : Input_File # 11/07/02 acri - modified to cd into the directory so it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillraj
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Application in Shell Script

Hi All, I have a scenario : 1. A list of servers naming server21, server 22, server 23 etc. This list of servers is separate for my environments. Env1 has 3 server Env2 has 5 serves Env3 has 10 servers 2. Each server accesses application through which I want to invoke some method. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
7 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project