Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to use career in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use career in unix Post 302342450 by sandholm on Sunday 9th of August 2009 08:41:34 PM
Old 08-09-2009
[QUOTE=zxmaus;302342431]oooh yeah I heard that already 20 years ago - and here we are ... still with the same proprietary operating systems ... probably more distributed than ever before.

Sounds like a SCO user. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Unix career?

I am going on 16 and im wondering if a Unix career would be suitable for me when im 18, or if it will even be possible for me to get a job working as some sort of a junior sys admin at that age. I am just starting to get into all this Unix stuff and I see the vision. So, is it really possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gavan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

career as a unix admin and new graduate

Hello all, Im about to graduate with a degree in computer science. I think i've found my 'niche' in unix and would like to take it up as a career. I hope you dont mind answering a few questions. How hard is it to get the foot in the door? Whats the best way to get the foot in the door? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Career Path

Hi, I've been in the IT field for a few years now, less than 10. I've done a little of everything from database administration, development, systems administration, and unix administration. Although, I wouldnt say I'm a senior level in any of those. Unix definitely stands out in my preferences... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion Required for UNIX career

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Unix

I need some advice regarding my career. I have been working for a major it company in a unix based support project. I have not learnt much in the 2 years except for basics in unix. I am really worried about my career thinking about what would happen next. I always wanted to be a developer but i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2say
10 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path

Hi All, This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here. I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path for Admin

Hello, Just wanted to have a suggestion on UNIX carrier path and I couldn't found any proper forum/blog where I can put this question better than this one. I have been working on Solaris from past 13 years and some years on Linux. It was completely on Admin side and never on development or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
12 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator

I have been working in application support at last 2 years. But I want to become unix administrator and I have basic knowledge in unix command, VI Editors, Unix file system. But I don't know proper procedure to become unix administrator, so could you please give suggestion and advise where I start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal88
4 Replies
remove profile(1m)														remove profile(1m)

NAME
remove profile - Removes all profile elements and the profile from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove profile profile-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target profile. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove profile command removes a profile (and all of its elements) from the name service database. The entry name of the profile is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target profile entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the profile named /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile: $ rpccp rpccp> remove profile /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add element(1m), remove element(1m), show profile(1m) remove profile(1m)