Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XDMCP Error
Operating Systems Solaris XDMCP Error Post 302342428 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 9th of August 2009 04:44:53 PM
Old 08-09-2009
Solaris 10 does not have xdmcp login enabled bt default so you may need to do the following on your server:

XDMCP: Solaris 10
Solaris 10's desktop environment is JDS which is basedoff of GNOME.
1. Log in as root
2. Open a terminal
3. type gdmsetup (a dialog box will appear)

4 Click on the XDMCP tab
5. Check the Enable XDMCP box
6. Press Close
XDMCP: General Instructions
Here are general instructions to enable XDMCP manually editing files on unix systems.
1. Log in as root.
2. From /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess file, uncomment the line ”# * #any host can get a login window”.
3. From /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config file, comment out the line “DisplayManager.RequestPort: 0”.
4. From /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file, set the enable status to True (or 1) in [xdmcp] section.
5. From /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc file, set the enable status to True (or 1) in [xdmcp] section.

http://www.xwin32.dk/index2.php?opti...do_pdf=1&id=70

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

xdmcp and netstat

On my linux box, i run netstat -l and i see xdmcp in the list but it doesn't have LISTEN as its state, see what it shows below, I'm wondering if this might explain why i can't see it in my exceed broadcast listing of servers broadcasting on our net? My unix boxes don't show this at all. Proto ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

xdmcp on HP-UX

Anybody know how to set up xdmcp on HPUX (11.0 +)? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP no password

Hello all, Does anyone know or have configure their system to allow no password during an XDMCP session. I' m running Redhat whit gdm manager. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery)

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I am trying to solve a following problem with CDE in HPUX 11. The error is Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery). I have uncommented the following lines from the Xaccess file - * grant service to all remote displays * ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shad
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help: for XDMCP

Hi, Boss i have a problem about open the Graphic remote. when i used the Xmanager2.0 connect to the Sun Fire880 with Sun solaris 2.8 software. prompt to following information: XDMCP connection failed: retry? so can some body told me how the check the XDMCP protocol was enable...and the port 177... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
9 Replies

6. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hi ppl, anyone has encounter this error before? I can't remote login to another machine residing in the same subnet via CDE and the error I get in var/dt/Xerrors is XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address Warning: Name: submenu_options_button Class: XmRowColumn ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

8. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hello all, I just post here to expose an issue I have encountered two days ago and finally successfully solve just right now using info on this site( but not only). Config : Two SUN/ORACLE sparc Solaris 10 system. Purpose : do a remote CDE login from host one to the host two. method: from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsunsun
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

XDMCP Fatal Error 169 address

Hello. I previously had my xdm server running and it allowed me to use cygwin to run remote desktop with X -query x.x.x.x :1 But recently i noticed it had stopped working. I get an error as shown in image, and i noticed that it mentions a 169.x.x.x. address. I am wondering if anyone had had this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duxbuz
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)