Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat su - root , without pressing password Post 302342417 by Scott on Sunday 9th of August 2009 02:32:36 PM
Old 08-09-2009
I don't think Oracle DBA's are hackers. Generally there should be a good relationship between them - especially in larger organisations.

Sun invented PAM(!), and this solution works, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for anything other than installing Oracle.

Apart from running root.sh during an installation, I don't really know why the Oracle user would need root access. And root.sh takes about 0.0002 seconds to run, so it would be quicker for the admin to run it than doling out root access!

Last edited by Scott; 08-09-2009 at 03:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No root password

Hi guys n gals, I want to load a simulation software on the linux network. But my problem is I don't have root password. Any suggestions or clues?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
6 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Lost root password / Can't login as root

We have quite a few threads about this subject. I have collected some of them and arranged them by the OS which is primarily discussed in the thread. That is because the exact procedure depends on the OS involved. What's more, since you often need to interact with the boot process, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need it to prompt me for a root password, so I don't have to log as root

Hi folks, I'm trying to install a program, and I want to place some of the executables into /usr/bin so that they can be executed from any folder on the computer. I've been giveng the root password, but told never to log in directly as root. Instead, I can wait for a password prompt. However, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunchtime
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Root Password

Hi all, I am changing the root password periodically from eg: password01 to password02. However, I can still use password01 after it is changed, it seems that it only authenticates up the first few characters. Please can someone let me know how I can fix this. Thanks Ryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Asks for current root password when trying to change root password.

Hello All, I have several solaris boxes running Solaris 8. When changing root passwords on them, all will simply ask for the new root password to change and of course to re-type the new password. One of the systems however asks for the existing root password before it will display the new password... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tferrazz
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can a root role change the root password in Solaris 10?

i do not have root on a solairs 10 server , however i do have the root role, i was wondering if I can change the root password as a a role with the passwd command? I have not tried yet. and do i have to use the # chgkey -p afterwards? i need to patch is why i am asking. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)