Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SFTP script - poll every min to check file complete before transfering Post 302342364 by sandholm on Sunday 9th of August 2009 06:52:28 AM
Old 08-09-2009
If you're using Linux, then check out inotify.
See this: Filesystem Monitoring ?(Tom's Linux Tip's)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

some process writin file - check if complete

Hi folks... some process is writing a file.... as soon as the process starts the file comes there, and its growin.. now i in another script want to ftp the file. i don't know if the file is complete or not. the process which writes the file is some other application and hence can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sade
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

Hi I am looking for a way to confirm whether a core File is complete or Truncated Is there any way from Khan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_069
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

hi I have a core file from customer and i am looking for a way to know whether its complete or truncated? I have a procedure to check core file on solaris , is there any way to know whether core is truncated on HP-UX? from khan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the lists of file created between 30-60 min

Hi I have to write a script, that will find out the lists of files in a particular directory, which are created between 30-60 min intervals. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for file size and then sftp

noted down (44 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
44 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether the sftp script is successful??

hi, how can i check whether the sftp connectivity is successful or not?? i am using expect script to connect to sftp.. sftp_script spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.xyz.com expect "abc@ftp.xyz.com's password:" send "password\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput *.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "bye\r"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the status of script for every 5 min?

Hi, Can any1 provide the code for my req: I am loading few set of files into database through one unix script. I ll try to describe the process: load_cdr-->main script Source Feeds are A & B. File in A-akm.dat File in B-bkm.dat Now my script runs through cron jobs everyday...and for both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies
INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					       INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)

NAME
inotify_rm_watch - remove an existing watch from an inotify instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/inotify.h> int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, uint32_t wd); DESCRIPTION
inotify_rm_watch() removes the watch associated with the watch descriptor wd from the inotify instance associated with the file descriptor fd. Removing a watch causes an IN_IGNORED event to be generated for this watch descriptor. (See inotify(7).) RETURN VALUE
On success, inotify_rm_watch() returns zero, or -1 if an error occurred (in which case, errno is set appropriately). ERRORS
EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The watch descriptor wd is not valid; or fd is not an inotify file descriptor. VERSIONS
Inotify was merged into the 2.6.13 Linux kernel. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
inotify_add_watch(2), inotify_init(2), inotify(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2006-02-07 INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)