Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Enhancing security of temporary folder Post 302342334 by synthea on Sunday 9th of August 2009 01:28:30 AM
Old 08-09-2009
Enhancing security of temporary folder

While enhancing security of my temporary folder in the post described in Secure temporary folders on existing Unix or Linux systems | SysAdmin.MD my redirection fails. This commands always fails
echo "/mnt/tmp /tmp ext3 loop,noexec,nosuid,rw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
Can anybody please tell my why?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhancing Script (using loops) to go through for each group

Currently I have written a shell script that will add departments for one group (displayed below with configuration file). I want to enhance the script in order to add departments to multiple groups by: 1. Making changes to allow the script to loop through and write each dept/group combo into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping temporary off and down

We have a sun server which when pinged temporarily responds and sometimes dont respond. Which problems may it is facing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eelinker
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Ubuntu folder level security

I have installed ubuntu. And I have create users ans groups. Suppose if the user enter into through Putty SSH. He should have access only to home folder and cannot move to other than $HOME. User should not able to root files and /$ files. Kindly provide solution. Regards Vasanth kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthrj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Security for applets files inside a folder

Friends I have a directory structure /a/b/c/applets/ This directory has .java, .class and other applet files. I gave the applets folder 755 permission because these applets are displayed at different web pages of a portal. Now I want to restrict the visibility of all the files in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unix file, folder permissions, security auditing tools.

I want to periodically check if ASCII password/config files on Unix have 400 or 600 access. Folders and files are owned by designated group and user. Folders and Files do not have world write access. Are there any tools/scripts available for this kind of auditing that I can use on Solaris? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies

6. Android

Enhancing the very limited Command Line.

Sometime ago, somewhere on here, I said I was going to do some coding for Android. I installed the full dev kit and a few months ago this MBP developed a failed HDD consequently destroying the dev environment. I got an Android phone for XMAS and downloaded a terminal program. I then found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)