Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing Line numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing Line numbers Post 302342251 by chihung on Saturday 8th of August 2009 05:53:13 AM
Old 08-08-2009
You can also accomplish this without perl

Code:
awk '/^M[0-9]+[ \t]+/&&$2!="EOS"{printf("%s ",$2)}$2=="EOS"{printf(".\n")}' data.txt| sed 's/ \.$/./'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing line and duplicate line

Hi, I have 3 lines in a text file that is similar to this (as a result of a diff between 2 files): 35,36d34 < DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" < DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" I am trying to get it down to just this: DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" How can I do this?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing all numbers from file

I have one me.txt file like aaa 765 gfre 534 jhk 321 cvvb 98 hftg 2 bdg2 hfuk 65 etc.. now I want to remove all numbers form that file using shell script and out put will be printed in me1.txt output: aaa gfre jhk cvvb hftg bdg hfuk please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add line numbers to end of each line

Hi i would like to add line numbers to end of each line in a file. I am able to do it in the front of each line using sed, but not able to add at the end of the file. Can anyone suggest The following code adds line number to start of each line sed = filename | sed 'N;s/\n/\t/' how can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

More with line numbers

Hi All, How to get line numbers when we more on a file in LINUX thanks firestar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get evenly Line numbers?

hi there , i m new to unix , i d like to ask how can a get only even numbered lines matches with the word i search from txt file for example : 3461:1.D. The copyright laws of the place where you are located also govern 3471:1.E. Unless you have removed all references to Project... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: brhn
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Line Numbers to each line of the file

Hi! I'm trying to assign line numbers to each line of the file for example consider the following.. The contents of the input file are hello how are you? I'm fine. How about you? I'm trying to get the following output.. 1 hello how are you? 2 I'm fine. 3 How about you? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a line IF the next line contains string

So, I've been working on a project which takes layer 7 metadata from pcap dumps and archives it. However, there is a lot of dataless information that I don't want in my output. I know of ways to produce the output I want from the input file below, but I want a method of doing this, regardless of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eh3civic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing comma just from numbers

Hi Guys, I want to remove commas from just the numbers in the file. So both sides of the comma should be numbers. Input file Johan 1,234 nb jan 123,3 hi, hello, bye 12,345,54 hejhej Desired output: Johan 1234 nb jan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Numbers

Hi, Below is a scattered representation of numbers . 1 2 11 22 11 22 1 2 1 2 11 22 1 2 11 22 I need to display only the following sequence "" and delete of the remainder from the output. The output should look like (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananth12
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep for a line containing only 5 numbers

How would you grep for a line containing only 5 numbers? Something like this. 10 2 12 1 13 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)