Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help need urgently for oracle cursors in k shell scripting Post 302342249 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 8th of August 2009 05:06:36 AM
Old 08-08-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting with Oracle...

Hi guys, I have searched all the forums and searched the net as much as possible, but I carn't find any tutorials about shell scripting with Oracle. Has anyone come across any? Thanks for reading and in advance of posts, B14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting for retrieving from oracle

Hello folks, Please find the below code:(sample5.sh -> filename) echo "Selecting dat afrom Cause code" echo "set appinfo Causecode $preamble set serveroutput on size 10000 select * from RMI003_CAUSE_CODE /" | sqlplus -S $username@$hoststring/$password >> test2.dat When i tried executing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar_ravi4
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we write SQL cursors from shell script

Hi I connected to oracle database through shell script My requiremnt is to get more than one record from the sql query. How can i do in unix to get multiple records. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyagh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell scripting error need help urgently

#! /bin/sh abcd = "Hello world" if then echo $abcd fi i got error message that line3 : abcd: command not found line5 : [0: command not found line5 : [1: command not found i have no idea why i got this message. Can some one help me ??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting+connect to oracle database+spooling

Hi! Everyone I am new to the shell scripting basically.I have been asked to create a shell script that connect to a oracle database to read data from a particular schema then spool it into a csv file then email to customer. Can anybody let me know how to go about that. I have create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Mo
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help for Using Oracle Cursors in Shell Script Korn

Hi, My Oracle Stored procedure returns sys_refcursor to shell script. I have to iterate through it in script and use those retrieved values further in my script. I am using K Shell Scrpting. Stored Procedure is: create or replace PROCEDURE p_test(job_id IN VARCHAR2, c1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is get_week_date() { `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET PAGES 0 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET TRIMSPOOL ON (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.cho
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle cursors in UNIX shell scripting

Hello, I need to get all the members information from an oracle table whose flag value is enabled. Later on i need to perform several computation based upon the flag value and other columns. For example, Member ID Flag Frequency date 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishraj
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting

Hi, I am trying to create a table through shell scripting . I used a command sqlplus -s to connect to sqlplus and user as sysdba. but there is a problem in it. can anyone please solve this . #!/bin/bash $(`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<eof create table sample (id,int); insert into sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)