Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extrange Find command Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extrange Find command Issue Post 302342181 by rugdog on Friday 7th of August 2009 05:25:56 PM
Old 08-07-2009
can you post the contents of $filter_list right before the find? perhaps with an echo $filter_list

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

6. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Find and mv command

Hi I am using the below code to find mv the files. Files are moving to the Target location as expected but find is displaying some errors like below. find ./ -name "Archive*" -mtime +300 -exec mv {} /mnt/X/ARC/ \; find: `./Archive_09-30-12': No such file or directory find:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Hi Guys, I have a file called error.logs. am just trying to display the content in the file which was modified last 1 day. I tried below command but it doesnt give the proper output. find /u/text/vinoth/bin "error.logs" -mtime -1 -exec cat {} \; >> mail.txt Any help is much... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
21 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1)                                                     Git Manual                                                     GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command updated the ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. create_virtual_base modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)