Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: over ride scripts?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting over ride scripts? Post 302342158 by myriad360 on Friday 7th of August 2009 02:41:44 PM
Old 08-07-2009
Well, perhaps I need to rephrase that. I don't want them to install things where ./configure will normally install things. I want to keep the installs going into a special directory. It is part of a package manager app that keeps track of old installs, etc, so multiple version of say perl can be used. So if the user says:
./configure
make
make install

-> that needs to install in $HOME/apps/metapackage/packagename/packageversion

--so it is not particularly the user say, but the application used by that user, that needs to set all this up for them. The application take conf files the user specifies, and interprets how to do installs for them, by the user specifying install commands in the conf file (./configure, make, make install, etc). When using the app, the user will then lose their power to install anywhere. The application makes them install in a particular area. Otherwise, they need to not use the app.

Last edited by myriad360; 08-07-2009 at 03:49 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get ride of the BEEP in Solaris

Hello, I did a search on this forum and a global search to try and find out how to disable that annoying beep that you get when you mistype or hit the esc key in VI and i didn't have that problem last week. I'm using Solaris and bash shell and i've put these commands into my .profile file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using rsh and scripts within scripts

Hi, I've written a script that runs on a Database server. It has to shutdown the Application server, do an Oracle Dump and then restart the Application server. Its been a long time since I wrote any shells scripts. Can you tell me if the scripts that I execute within my script will be executed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brockwile1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)