Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting unique list of numbers using grep Post 302342094 by zaxxon on Friday 7th of August 2009 11:12:51 AM
Old 08-07-2009
For CODE-tags that "Sample output" inside <> should be changed to the word "code".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the unique numbers in huge data

Friends, I have to write a shell script,the description is---- i Have to check the uniqueness of the numbers in a file. A file is containing 200thousand tickets and a ticket have 15 numbers in asecending order.And there is a strip that is having 6 tickets that means 90 numbers.I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To get unique numbers from two files

here i have two files: file 1 1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7 8 9 file 2 4 5 6 6 8 8 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for unique value

If i want to grep for a value in a file but display only unique value then which option can i use. ex: Values in the file IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <3> IP <1.2.3.5> value <1> i should get only the unique value (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate 10.000 unique numbers?

hello, does anybody can give me a hint on how to generate a lot of numbers which are not identically via scripting etc? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xrays
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Unique

Hello, I have a file with a list of car makes and specific information for each make. An example is: @Audi:Warranty @Audi:Pricing @Audi:Colors @Acura:Warranty @Acura:Pricing @Acura:Colors and so on through a bunch of makes. I need to make a list in a selection box of just one name of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macbb1117
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep specific number from a list of numbers

Hello. I have 9060 files labelled File1 to File9060. They are in numerical order. When I grep a file eg. File90 it will show me all files that contain the pattern "File90", eg File901 or File9001. I can only get specific files for File1000 or higher. How can I resolve this problem? Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string ids with unique numbers

Hello, I have a file with a 1000 ids in the form of strings. I want to replace each id with a unique numbers in the whole file. each id is repeating in all the columns. I know I can use sed command but there are many ids in file which are need to be converted example of input file B752... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique random numbers awk

Hi, I have a small piece of awk code (see below) that generates random numbers. gawk -F"," 'BEGIN { srand(); for (i = 1; i <= 30; i++) printf("%s AM329_%04d\n",$0,int(36 * rand())+1) }' OFS=, AM329_hole_names.csv The code works fine and generates alphanumeric numbers like AM329_0001,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique entries based on a range of numbers.

Hi, I have a matrix like this: Algorithm predicted_gene start_point end_point A x 65 85 B x 70 80 C x 75 85 D x 10 20 B y 125 130 C y 120 140 D y 200 210 Here there are four tab-separated columns. The first column is the used algorithm for prediction, and there are 4 of them A-D.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyfisherman
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing unique numbers from each file

I have some files named file1, file2, fille3......etc. These files are in a folder f1. The content of files are shown below. I would like to count the unique pairs of third column in each file. some files have no data. It should be printed as zero. Your help would be appreciated. file1 ARG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samra
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)