Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu Graphic Quality Issue? Post 302342071 by phoxly on Friday 7th of August 2009 11:00:09 AM
Old 08-07-2009
Both pages seem to be severely out of date, I ran the 4 commands it said.

casey@casey-laptop:~$ git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
bash: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel: No such file or directory

No such file or directory on all 4...

There isn't exactly instructions on how to install they just give me 4 code commands and I assume I'm supposed to input that into the terminal? =/ Also I tried that X3100 Xorg 2.1.0 driver install thing and it said there was a newer version already installed, and the other two zip files I have no idea what to do with them as they didn't exactly come with instructions either... =/

---------- Post updated at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:35 AM ----------

Intel Linux Graphics: Installation

I checked out that webpage I found on google but the commands and everything are rediculously confusing, I dont know what to do at this point. I've never installed ubuntu drivers and I don't know if its safe to just be inserting all those commands into my terminal not knowing what they will do. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

This an Ubuntu or Dell issue?

I have a dell poweredge sc430 (what ever that is). Came cheap with an 80 gig sata hard drive. So maybe a year later I bought a 250 gig sata drive for backup (with rsynch from cron). Rsynch works fine. But now the machine won't reboot without me manually pressing the F1 key. I see a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmobytes
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Issue with /etc/hosts file under ubuntu

I think terminal outpu is better than long words so: I rebooted my laptop but no success... It's the same for all entry i added... Any ideas ? PS: I'm under ubuntu 9.0.4 edit: hostnames can't start with a number, using c4507 for example works. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu OS 9.04 issue ..

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrUser
1 Replies

4. Programming

Ubuntu 9.04 issue

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Ubuntu LAN connectivity issue

System: Dell Desktop w/ 2 SATA drives running Ubuntu 9.10 that uses 2 ethernet cards, 1 for internet connectivity and another to interface the machine with a high voltage power supply which supports ssh and EPICS controls. Second Ethernet card is connected to a NetGear WNR3500 router, the VME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henslewm
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

ubuntu 9.10 virtual console issue

i'm having a frustrating issue with virtual consoles on my ubuntu 9.10 setup i was having trouble accessing the virtual consoles at all (no visible display) so i installed XDM and set it as the default X login manager) now when i hit ctl-alt F1-F6 instead of the usual getty (login prompt) i get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hopper195
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 issue between Solaris and Ubuntu

I'm relatively new to *nix, and have been playing around with my .profile. I've been using ksh as my shell. Specifically I've been playing with my PS1 prompt, and trying to make it look uniform across Ubuntu and Solaris. I've posted what I currently have below. HOSTNAME=$(hostname) ; export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Automatic update script issue (Ubuntu server)

Hi, I've created a very basic script to run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade unattended (run with cron) and save the logs. Though, it's not really a script, just a file containing the commands to run in order: pasteit .com/18601 I'm currently testing this and ran into some unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raxje
4 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)