Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Full Discussion: problem with bridging!!! :(
Special Forums IP Networking problem with bridging!!! :( Post 302342047 by Zaxon on Friday 7th of August 2009 09:41:47 AM
Old 08-07-2009
problem with bridging!!! :(

Hello,
I have an UTM [Unified Thread Management] that has 4 ports. I was bridged two ports of it. my pc wired to one port and other one to network. Now I can ping my default gateway but it doesn't work(I haven't access to internet) even http of gateway, what happened? what route I should added?
Thanks in advance.Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bridging with SSH Tunnels

Here is the scenario: I use an OpenBSD 2.9 box as my firewall and gateway at the house. One of the boxes behind my OpenBSD box is my FreeBSDBox. I would like to be able to use port forwarding with SSH to enable a secure connection from work to the OpenBSD box and to have the OpenBSD box... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
6 Replies

2. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

5. Solaris

openindiana bridging problem (brctl)

Hello all, I was trying to hooking up several computers into my openindiana server box, the server box has few RJ45 gigabit ethernet. The desired hierarchy of the network will be shown as on the picture attached. I would like to connect each host into my gigabit ethernet because of me and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enno
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

8. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies

9. Programming

Bridging Talk

Hi! I would like to start creating a bridge for good old Unix talk program. This bridge would allow you to joinIRC-channel by using talk just for example. I have a couple of questions: 1. Are there any previous attempts or implementations creating Talk bridge? 2. Which version of the talk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: homebeach
9 Replies
routes(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 routes(4)

NAME
routes - Specifies Internet routing information to the routing tables SYNOPSIS
/etc/routes DESCRIPTION
Static routes can be defined in the /etc/routes file. The /etc/routes file identifies static routes that are automatically added to the network routing tables with the /usr/sbin/route add command. The /sbin/init.d/route script contains the /usr/sbin/route add command that is executed for each entry in the /etc/routes file when the network is restarted on the system or the system is rebooted. The general format of an entry in the /etc/routes file is: Dest Name1 Name2 The following is a brief description of each element in an /etc/routes file entry: A keyword that indicates whether the route is to a net- work or to a host. The two possible keywords are -net and -host. The name or address of the destination network or host. Name1 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts or /etc/networks file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The name or address of the gateway host to which messages should be forwarded. Name2 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The routes file is a Context-Dependent Symbolic Link (CDSL) and must be maintained as such. See the System Administration manual for more information. EXAMPLES
To specify a route to a network through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -net net2 host4 This example specifies a route to a network, net2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a host through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -host host2 host4 This example specifies a route to a host, host2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a default gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: default 130.9.0.5 This example specifies a route to a default gateway with an Internet address of 130.9.0.5. FILES
Contains the /usr/sbin/routed add command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: route(8) Daemons: gated(8), routed(8) Files: gated.conf(4) Network Administration delim off routes(4)

Featured Tech Videos