Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing ip in a custom way
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing ip in a custom way Post 302342035 by Wonderke on Friday 7th of August 2009 08:59:04 AM
Old 08-07-2009
First of all, sorry for the mess I might have made in the previous post (Newbie :s) and thanks for the reply!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
Maybe a solution via sudo for the needed commands can do.
But what "normal" user should be able to change IP-addresses? Smilie
This is going to be an ip video server, so you can understand the actual 'user' has to be able to change the ip address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
Whatever - you could set up something like an "exchange" directory where the use has permissions to edit the file and via cron it will replace the original file which has been backed up before of course and then issue a network restart.
Now this looks like something I have been looking for. How do I make such an 'exchange' directory? And how do I link the new file with the original file? (or some data in the new file)?

The main idea is I am and remain the root, but the user can control some settings and do some commands, without becoming root or even log in to linux.

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom ftp settings

On the standard ftp supplied with Solaris and HP-UX is there anyone that has been able to disable users from certain settings. i.e the put function. Our customer ftp's onto the unix host and gets files for extraction into a pc based spreadsheet. I want to stop them from being able to delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Custom AIX Prompt

In my .profile, my prompt is set like this: set -o vi PS1=`logname`@`hostname -s`:'$PWD>' Is there a way to show what the history number would be of the command I'm typing in the prompt? For example, I frequently run commands then run 'history' to pull up the history number of a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptrotter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing own custom parameters

I have an rsync command that I want to create a variable where user can change to customize the parameters. complete rsync command to run: $RSYNC -e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u --update $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE What I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Report

Hi All, Am getting the raw report from the source and need to prepare the custom report as per the requirement. Requirement keep getting change according to the need. Raw data is as below /* ----------------- test_job_hu ----------------- */ insert_job: test_job_hu job_type: CMD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep84in
4 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)