Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can SunOS be virtualized?
Operating Systems Solaris Can SunOS be virtualized? Post 302341992 by jlliagre on Friday 7th of August 2009 06:12:47 AM
Old 08-07-2009
xVM Virtual Box, like VMWare, is only available for the x86 architecture.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise

HPL-2008-72 Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise - Curry, Roger; Kiddie, Cameron; Markatchev, Nayden; Simmonds, Rob; Tan, Tingxi; Arlitt, Martin; Walker, Bruce Keyword(s): social networking, Web 2.0, cloud computing Abstract: "Web 2.0" and "cloud computing" are revolutionizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Available design options for a cluster hosting many different virtualized Solaris versions

Good day, everyone, and thanks first off for reading my question. So, I have been Googling and reading oracle documentation for the past couple weeks, and I am just getting more and more confused as to what I need to do, and I would really appreciate some guidance or at least pointing me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
4 Replies

4. Linux

Unique Linux ID in virtualized environment

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for Linux OS even in a virtualized environment? eg like Machine GUID for windows. I need to know something similar for linux, AIX, Solaris in virtualized environment. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies
ONEVNET(1)					     onevnet(1) -- manages OpenNebula networks						ONEVNET(1)

NAME
onevnet SYNOPSIS
onevnet command [args] [options] OPTIONS
-c, --cluster id|name Selects the cluster -l, --list x,y,z Selects columns to display with list command -d, --delay x Sets the delay in seconds for top command -x, --xml Show the resource in xml format -n, --numeric Do not translate user and group IDs -k, --kilobytes Show units in kilobytes -v, --verbose Verbose mode -h, --help Show this message -V, --version Show version and copyright information COMMANDS
o create file Creates a new Virtual Network from the given template file valid options: cluster o delete range|vnetid_list Deletes the given Virtual Network o addleases vnetid ip [mac] Adds a lease to the Virtual Network o rmleases vnetid ip Removes a lease from the Virtual Network o hold vnetid ip Holds a Virtual Network lease, marking it as used o release vnetid ip Releases a Virtual Network lease on hold o publish range|vnetid_list DEPRECATED, use chmod instead. Publishes the given Virtual Network. A public Virtual Network can be seen and used by other users in the Virtual Network's group. o unpublish range|vnetid_list DEPRECATED, use chmod instead. Unpublishes the given Virtual Network. A private Virtual Network can't be used by any other user. o chgrp range|vnetid_list groupid Changes the Virtual Network group o chown range|vnetid_list userid [groupid] Changes the Virtual Network owner and group o chmod range|vnetid_list octet Changes the Virtual Network permissions o list [filterflag] Lists Virtual Networks in the pool valid options: list, delay, xml, numeric, kilobytes o show vnetid Shows information for the given Virtual Network valid options: xml o update vnetid Launches the system editor to modify and update the template contents ARGUMENT FORMATS
o file Path to a file o range List of id's in the form 1,8..15 o text String o groupid OpenNebula GROUP name or id o userid OpenNebula USER name or id o vnetid OpenNebula VNET name or id o vnetid_list Comma-separated list of OpenNebula VNET names or ids o filterflag a, all all the known VNETs m, mine the VNET belonging to the user in ONE_AUTH g, group 'mine' plus the VNET belonging to the groups the user is member of uid VNET of the user identified by this uid user VNET of the user identified by the username LICENSE
OpenNebula 3.4.1 Copyright 2002-2012, OpenNebula Project Leads (OpenNebula.org) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 April 2012 ONEVNET(1)