Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent!! Dumpstabs Utility
Operating Systems Solaris Urgent!! Dumpstabs Utility Post 302341949 by sparcguy on Friday 7th of August 2009 03:29:14 AM
Old 08-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankasu
did that already.

$ ls -lrt du*
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 10884 Jan 23 2005 dumpkeys
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 10088 Jan 23 2005 dumpcs
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 10436 Oct 16 2007 du
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 Mar 31 18:08 dumpstabs -> /dev_tools/SunStudio11/SUNWspro/bin/dumpstabs.
But even if i try to invoke it through the above path it says command not found.
$ pwd
/dev_tools/SunStudio11/SUNWspro/prod/bin
$ dumpstabs -v
bash: dumpstabs: command not found
Just do this.

/dev_tools/SunStudio11/SUNWspro/prod/bin/dumpstab -v

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What utility do I use for this?

I want to pull out the 3rd column of information and stick in a file. What is the Utility I use to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sar utility

can somebody provide me the Material on SAR utility for performance tuning (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasp
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Make utility

Hi Guys, I m very confused about the make/makefile utility in all unix. 1) My questions is why we need make. 2) Why some source code needs to complile. 3) I download the Bind 9 from Sunfreeware.com. I use pkgadd -d to install the bind. I 'm struck here becasue I can't find /etc/named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation

Hi, I am trying to attach tape drive to sun V890 running Solaris 9 on it. I have installed HBA(qlogic) in slot 1 of 0-8 slots and booted the system. I do not see HBAin prtdiag output. The tape drive is not attached to HBA. The tape drive I am going to attach is Sony AIT3. 1.How can I make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
3 Replies

5. AIX

URGENT: zip utility on AIX 5.x

Do you know where can I find the 'zip' binary utility for AIX 5.x ? I have the zip-2.3.0.0.bff file, but I don't have root access and I want to test the 'zip' utility. Thank you !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V3l0
2 Replies

6. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

utility

hi experts, Can you please help me out in removing delimiters with in double quotes from a CSV file. input: ===== a,"bnn,",dgd, "sagfh,dj",ad output ===== a,"bnn",dgd, "sagfhdj",ad there are so mnay fileds in a row and there are millions of rows. Thanks in an advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
pkgproto(1)							   User Commands						       pkgproto(1)

NAME
pkgproto - generate prototype file entries for input to pkgmk command SYNOPSIS
pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1] pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1=path2...] DESCRIPTION
pkgproto scans the indicated paths and generates prototype(4) file entries that may be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. If no paths are specified on the command line, standard input is assumed to be a list of paths. If the pathname listed on the command line is a directory, the contents of the directory is searched. However, if input is read from stdin, a directory specified as a pathname will not be searched. OPTIONS
-i Ignores symbolic links and records the paths as ftype=f (a file) versus ftype=s (symbolic link). -c class Maps the class of all paths to class. OPERANDS
path1 Pathname where objects are located. path2 Pathname which should be substituted on output for path1. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the use of pkgproto.1. The following two examples show uses of pkgproto and a partial listing of the output produced. Example 1: example% pkgproto /bin=bin /usr/bin=usrbin /etc=etc f none bin/sed=/bin/sed 0775 bin bin f none bin/sh=/bin/sh 0755 bin daemon f none bin/sort=/bin/sort 0755 bin bin f none usrbin/sdb=/usr/bin/sdb 0775 bin bin f none usrbin/shl=/usr/bin/shl 4755 bin bin d none etc/master.d 0755 root daemon f none etc/master.d/kernel=/etc/master.d/kernel 0644 root daemon f none etc/rc=/etc/rc 0744 root daemon Example 2: example% find / -type d -print | pkgproto d none / 755 root root d none /bin 755 bin bin d none /usr 755 root root d none /usr/bin 775 bin bin d none /etc 755 root root d none /tmp 777 root root EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgtrans(1), prototype(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide NOTES
By default, pkgproto creates symbolic link entries for any symbolic link encountered (ftype=s). When you use the -i option, pkgproto cre- ates a file entry for symbolic links (ftype=f). The prototype(4) file would have to be edited to assign such file types as v (volatile), e (editable), or x (exclusive directory). pkgproto detects linked files. If multiple files are linked together, the first path encountered is considered the source of the link. By default, pkgproto prints prototype entries on the standard output. However, the output should be saved in a file (named Prototype or prototype, for convenience) to be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkgproto(1)