Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving bookmarks from XP to Ubuntu Post 302341872 by BillinDetroit on Thursday 6th of August 2009 08:24:37 PM
Old 08-06-2009
Question Moving bookmarks from XP to Ubuntu

This is probably one of the dumber questions I've posted on ANY Linux forum, but I'm in a fog and can't answer it myself. My attempts at searching the forums go no where.

I have Win XP and Ubuntu dual booting (via WUBI install). I want to use the Ubuntu side more but I've socked away a LOT of Linux-related bookmarks in Firefox that I want available when using Linux + Firefox.

Can I just cp the files from the /host directory to the Linux directory and, if so, where in tarnation does Firefox store them? If I could simply find them, I'd just try this on my own to see if it worked.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Push out Firefox bookmarks to multiple users

Ok, so I want to push out Firefox bookmarks to all the student accounts on my Mac server, but we all know how fun-loving Firefox profiles are, with their random czg6hi72.default profile names. My question is how would I send the bookmarks.html file out to /Students/<username>/Library/Application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodomino6
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Creating pdf with bookmarks using ps2pdf ??

Hello to all, I have a *.ps file, which needs to be converted to a pdf file. The file is huge & i would like it to have bookmarked according to main titles (already provided). What is the option used in ps2pdf command, that will generate bookmarks from a *.ps file ? Kindly help. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse bookmarks file

I am using Internet Explorer v10 at work and regularly need to import my personal Firefox bookmarks over. Long story short, I have found the import falling over on any bookmark elements which are over 256 characters. The bookmark file contains bookmarks of this format: <DT><A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozgadgetguy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to test bookmarks

Does anyone have a script to test for invalid bookmarks? I have a ton of them and I'd bet that a good percentage could be dropped. Tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ongoto
4 Replies
byobu-layout(1) 						       byobu							   byobu-layout(1)

NAME
byobu-layout - Save and restore byobu-tmux laouts USAGE
byobu-layout [save|restore] [name] DESCRIPTION
byobu-layout will save and restore byobu-tmux(1) split window layouts. If 'name' is blank, it operates interactively. Note that this only works with Byobu when backed by tmux(1), and not screen(1). SEE ALSO
byobu(1), tmux(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 8 Jan 2012 byobu-layout(1)