Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu Graphic Quality Issue? Post 302341859 by phoxly on Thursday 6th of August 2009 06:27:36 PM
Old 08-06-2009
Ubuntu Graphic Quality Issue?

Okay I have my computer dual booted with Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows Vista, when I play a game on Vista such as Soldier Front or Quake its smooth and very enjoyable, but when I try to get a simple game such as Scorched 3D, its glitchy, choppy, and the background seeps through to the game (I get a checkerboard of random black squares) every now and then, same goes with any other game I play. Even Robocode is crappy lol.

Do I need to install drivers or something on this seperate OS? I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E laptop but I already installed all my required drivers on Vista? I tried the sony vaio website but I don't know if those drivers are Unix compatible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

This an Ubuntu or Dell issue?

I have a dell poweredge sc430 (what ever that is). Came cheap with an 80 gig sata hard drive. So maybe a year later I bought a 250 gig sata drive for backup (with rsynch from cron). Rsynch works fine. But now the machine won't reboot without me manually pressing the F1 key. I see a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmobytes
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Issue with /etc/hosts file under ubuntu

I think terminal outpu is better than long words so: I rebooted my laptop but no success... It's the same for all entry i added... Any ideas ? PS: I'm under ubuntu 9.0.4 edit: hostnames can't start with a number, using c4507 for example works. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu OS 9.04 issue ..

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrUser
1 Replies

4. Programming

Ubuntu 9.04 issue

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Ubuntu LAN connectivity issue

System: Dell Desktop w/ 2 SATA drives running Ubuntu 9.10 that uses 2 ethernet cards, 1 for internet connectivity and another to interface the machine with a high voltage power supply which supports ssh and EPICS controls. Second Ethernet card is connected to a NetGear WNR3500 router, the VME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henslewm
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

ubuntu 9.10 virtual console issue

i'm having a frustrating issue with virtual consoles on my ubuntu 9.10 setup i was having trouble accessing the virtual consoles at all (no visible display) so i installed XDM and set it as the default X login manager) now when i hit ctl-alt F1-F6 instead of the usual getty (login prompt) i get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hopper195
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 issue between Solaris and Ubuntu

I'm relatively new to *nix, and have been playing around with my .profile. I've been using ksh as my shell. Specifically I've been playing with my PS1 prompt, and trying to make it look uniform across Ubuntu and Solaris. I've posted what I currently have below. HOSTNAME=$(hostname) ; export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Automatic update script issue (Ubuntu server)

Hi, I've created a very basic script to run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade unattended (run with cron) and save the logs. Though, it's not really a script, just a file containing the commands to run in order: pasteit .com/18601 I'm currently testing this and ran into some unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raxje
4 Replies
FISH(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   FISH(6)

NAME
fish -- play ``Go Fish'' SYNOPSIS
fish [-p] DESCRIPTION
fish is the game ``Go Fish'', a traditional children's card game. The computer deals the player and itself seven cards, and places the rest of the deck face-down (figuratively). The object of the game is to collect ``books'', or all of the members of a single rank. For example, collecting four 2's would give the player a ``book of 2's''. The options are as follows: -p Professional mode. The computer makes a random decision as to who gets to start the game, and then the computer and player take turns asking each other for cards of a specified rank. If the asked player has any cards of the requested rank, they give them up to the asking player. A player must have at least one of the cards of the rank they request in their hand. When a player asks for a rank of which the other player has no cards, the asker is told to ``Go Fish!''. Then, the asker draws a card from the non-dealt cards. If they draw the card they asked for, they con- tinue their turn, asking for more ranks from the other player. Otherwise, the other player gets a turn. When a player completes a book, either by getting cards from the other player or drawing from the deck, they set those cards aside and the rank is no longer in play. The game ends when either player no longer has any cards in their hand. The player with the most books wins. fish provides instructions as to what input it accepts. BUGS
The computer cheats only rarely. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD