Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP question Post 302341809 by BubbaJoe on Thursday 6th of August 2009 03:55:45 PM
Old 08-06-2009
change

Code:
mget $fname.tar

to

Code:
mget ${fname}.tar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP question

Hi all, I have a simple script that runs each night and transfers a number of files to a remote server. Before files are transferred existing files on the remote box are deleted. All works OK except the deletion part on the remote box returning no such file or directory. As work around Ihave... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzp2ft
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

I am really new to unix and want to setup an ftp server on my PC I am running a Ultra 5 with solaris 9 on it. I cannot seem to find *any* documentation on how to do this. So I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls=dir
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Question

Hi, I'm attempting to FTP several files using MGET. My problem is that I need to cd to a directory with this naming convention: YYMMDDHHMM - where the hour and minute is unknown When I issue cd /ftpdirectory/YYMMDD* from FTP, I receive "No such file or directory I need a way to get the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdreaves
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

When a user FTP's to their own directory, they can go up the directory and view others files, of course they can not overwrite them but are able to download them if they wish to, is there any way to stop them from view their files and have them be only able to view files that they have permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foresthillian
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Question

Once a file is ftped to a server is there a way that you can prevent that file from being overwritten if the same process tries to ftp a file with the same name again? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

I'm basically trying to FTP a file to a differnt node, first putting the FTP commmands into a text file and then piping the commands file into the ftp command as follows.... echo "user $USERNAME $PASSWORD" > ftp_cmds echo "put $SQLOUT /users/$USERNAME/$SQLOUT" >> ftp_cmds echo "quit" >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djkane
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

How do you limit an ftp user access to a certain Unix path when putting/getting file to/from your server? And how do you restrict the ftp user from using "cd" or "ls" commands? Given that the ftp user knows the ftp userid, password, and your server ip address. Thanks in advanced :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XZOR
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on FTP

Hi All, I'm new to this group and this is my first post to this group. I need to write a shell script for the requirement given below: 1. I need to connect to a ftp server with my username and password 2. I need to go to some(input) directory. 3. I will have files with same names and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp question

Hi, i have a simple question here-- if we dont use binary while doing a ftp of a file,any sort of problem can arise from this or it is ok. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp question

I have this FTP script: ADDR=168.218.95.172 ftp -inv $ADDR <<- ftpcmds user HEHCFTP H$h673sp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
3 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)