Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to search for the words in the files Post 302341803 by peterro on Thursday 6th of August 2009 03:32:27 PM
Old 08-06-2009
I think you're mistaking the output of the script: "The path is...." line with the output of the find. If that is the case, comment out the "The path is:..." line.

The actual find output seems to be finding 2 files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for words in file

hi all, i would like to search in a directory. all files they were found shoul be opend and looked about a keyword. if keyword is found i want to see the name of the file. i've rtfm of find and have a command like this : find /etc -exec cat \{}\ | grep KEYWORD but don't work, and : find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent_Orange
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files that all contain 4 specific words

Hello, I want an one line command that brings me back all the files in a folder that contain 4 specific words anywhere inside them. I want to use find,xargs and grep. for example i know for one word the command would be: find . | xargs grep 'Word1' But i don't know for 4 specific words... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: WoodenSword
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search two words in sed

I've following sed command working fine - sed '/search_pattern1/ !s/pattern1/pattern2/" file Now, I want to search two patterns - search_pattern1 and search_pattern2 . How can put these into above sed statement ? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search words in different file

Hi, I have 1 - 100 file I want the list of such file which contains word 'internet' Please provide command to do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 3 words

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Pls note that need to ignore words in between /* */ Search for: "insert into xyz" (Which procedure contain all 3). Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 File... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search from a list of words

Hello, I'm trying to write a bash script that will search for words from one list that may be found in another list. Once the record is found, it will create a new text file for each word. For example, list1.txt contains the following: Dog Cat Fish List2.txt contains Dog - Buddy 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two words

Hello, I try to print out with sed or awk the 21.18 between "S3 Temperature" and "GrdC" in a text file. The blanks are all real blanks no tabs. Only the two first chars from temperture are required. So the "21" i need as output. S3 Temperatur 21.18 GrdC No Alarm ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felix123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)