Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to search for the words in the files Post 302341803 by peterro on Thursday 6th of August 2009 03:32:27 PM
Old 08-06-2009
I think you're mistaking the output of the script: "The path is...." line with the output of the find. If that is the case, comment out the "The path is:..." line.

The actual find output seems to be finding 2 files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for words in file

hi all, i would like to search in a directory. all files they were found shoul be opend and looked about a keyword. if keyword is found i want to see the name of the file. i've rtfm of find and have a command like this : find /etc -exec cat \{}\ | grep KEYWORD but don't work, and : find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent_Orange
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files that all contain 4 specific words

Hello, I want an one line command that brings me back all the files in a folder that contain 4 specific words anywhere inside them. I want to use find,xargs and grep. for example i know for one word the command would be: find . | xargs grep 'Word1' But i don't know for 4 specific words... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: WoodenSword
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search two words in sed

I've following sed command working fine - sed '/search_pattern1/ !s/pattern1/pattern2/" file Now, I want to search two patterns - search_pattern1 and search_pattern2 . How can put these into above sed statement ? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search words in different file

Hi, I have 1 - 100 file I want the list of such file which contains word 'internet' Please provide command to do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 3 words

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Pls note that need to ignore words in between /* */ Search for: "insert into xyz" (Which procedure contain all 3). Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 File... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search from a list of words

Hello, I'm trying to write a bash script that will search for words from one list that may be found in another list. Once the record is found, it will create a new text file for each word. For example, list1.txt contains the following: Dog Cat Fish List2.txt contains Dog - Buddy 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two words

Hello, I try to print out with sed or awk the 21.18 between "S3 Temperature" and "GrdC" in a text file. The blanks are all real blanks no tabs. Only the two first chars from temperture are required. So the "21" i need as output. S3 Temperatur 21.18 GrdC No Alarm ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felix123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)