Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help with HP 9040 printer in solaris Post 302341691 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 11:35:42 AM
Old 08-06-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a HP printer under Solaris 9

Hello. I am trying to make work HP printer Deskjet 692C. I have Solaris 9 x86. I tried to use admintool: I choosed 'HP-printer' and 'Postscript filter' options. When I want to print something, instead of the text, the printer prints many pages of some kind of code or whatever... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peter123456789
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris lp printer filters

I don't have much experience with solaris printers. I've created a printer using lpadmin. When I tried to print something, I got a message that there a no filters on the server. I went to docs.sun.com and got a script to add a filter (below) for filter in *.fd;do >name=`basename $filter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Config for Solaris 5.9

Hi All, Am Trying to configure a Network Printer (HP Laser Jet 4250n) Printer Name hari for a Solaris 5.9 server. Output of lpstat: root: lpstat -t scheduler is running no system default destination device for hari: /dev/null hari accepting requests since Mon Jul 28 10:38:51 2008... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efunds
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how configure printer in sun solaris

Hi, I am working in sun solaris server.I have Kyocera FS-1030D KX printer in my network .I have configured this printer for windows.I want to configure same printer to sun solaris.Is this possible.Give me some ideas. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

creating printer queue in Solaris 10

I have installed the foo2zjs drivers but i don't know the next steps to how to make a print queue with ppd files........kindly guide me out if anyone have used foo2jzs or some other methods to configure the hp laserjet 1022n printer.Kindly explain step by step procedure of how to do this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer can't be removed under Solaris 10

Dear all, we are running a Solaris 10 8/08 Sparc system called 'test-s' where #lpstat -t shows such a line: system for mps2_p: printer-s (as lpd://printer-s/printers/mps2_p#Solaris) How can we get rid of this entry because #lpstat -x mps2_p says 'unknown printer'. THX for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xunil321
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer problem on Solaris 10 server

Hi everyone, I am new here and I just want to ask for the expert advice from you guys about the problem/issue I am encountering with network printer defined on a Solaris 10 machine. I have this printer named 'printerA' which I already added via printmgr utility. As an output, here is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: triptrops
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer setting in Solaris

I have Solaris-10 server and want to change default printer setting to Simplex (Instead of duplex, which is set currently). I am not able to see anything in conf file related to this setting. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to add printer in Solaris

HI I am unable to add printer in solaris (architecture is SUN and OS is Solaris 10) as I try to print the file it gives following error Failed to contact service for erp-cljCP2025: not-found Need help Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
7 Replies
PAPSTATUS(8)							   Netatalk 2.2 						      PAPSTATUS(8)

NAME
papstatus - get the status of an AppleTalk-connected printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/papstatus [-d] [-p printer] [retrytime] DESCRIPTION
papstatus is used to obtain the current status message from an AppleTalk connected printer. It uses the Printer Access Protocol (PAP) to obtain the status information. If no printer is specified on the command line, papstatus looks for a file called .paprc in the current directory and reads it to obtain the name of a printer. The .paprc file should contain a single line of the form object:type@zone where each of object, :type, and @zone are optional. type and zone must be proceeded by `:' and `@' respectively. Blank lines and lines the begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively. OPTIONS
-d Turns on a debugging mode that prints some extra information to standard error. -p printer Get status from printer (do not consult any .paprc files to find a printer name). The syntax for printer is the same as discussed above for the .paprc file. retrytime Normally, papstatus only gets the status from the printer once. If retrytime is specified, the status is obtained repeatedly, with a sleep of retrytime seconds between inquiring the printer. FILES
.paprc file that contains printer name SEE ALSO
nbp(1), pap(1) Netatalk 2.2 17 Dec 1991 PAPSTATUS(8)