Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T6340/SDS root disk pull test. Post 302341632 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 09:54:52 AM
Old 08-06-2009
this sounds like bad configured sds mirrors... use a explorer of all installations and check for diff in the setup...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

New Sds Slice

Hi, I'd like to add two new disk (mirrored each other) in a machine still on line. The machine is mirrored with SDS. the idea is to add two new disk and mirroring them in order to add a new mount point like "/produit" with only half of the new disk. who could send me exemples or tell me how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guillaume35
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS to Veritas migration

...I have a situation where I disks that I mirrored using Solstice Disksuite now need mirroring under Veritas Volume manager...would anyone know the best way to go about 'un-mirroring' and then removing SDS? I can see references in /etc/vfstab and /etc/system that I guess would need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do l test for carriage return & Disk space usage

Hi, I have just written a script in /bin/bash, however, l want to test if character is a carriage return or space. Also l want my script to be able to detect my disk space and send a mail if usage is more than 90% or send an alert. Thanks Kayode (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9, root disk detachment.

Hi, I have a solaris box where everything except the swap slice is mirrored. Swap is used only from the first disk currently. # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d11 85,11 16 16780208 16780208 # metastat d11 d11: Concat/Stripe Size: 16780224 blocks (8.0 GB) Stripe 0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need to know whch disk to pull out.

Hi all. This may be a stupid question but here goes: I lost a disk on my Sun-Fire 480-r and want to replace it. I don't care about the data, I just need to get a new disk in which I have. The problem I have is that there are two disks and both have the green lights on them... and I'm not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

8. Solaris

VxVM confused by SDS?

I have an old V490 running an old version of Soalris 10 and an old version of VxVM. The system disks are configured using metathis and metathat, the remaining disks Because of the brain-damaged way engineering run things here, I cannot change this. I cannot upgrade nor patch the OS. I cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUN BLADE T6340 - which OS ?

Hi, I have server SUN BLADE T6340 and i tried install debian sparc on this machine. Will it work ? In the specification is written only Solaris 10. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)