Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to run at job
Operating Systems AIX unable to run at job Post 302341562 by pkatkade on Thursday 6th of August 2009 07:04:06 AM
Old 08-06-2009
i resolved it...the problem was with /var/adm/cron dir. permission

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run job for a period of time

I have a job that runs for an unspecified amount of time. I want to run this as a cron job for a specified amount of time, say 2 hours. Once the time is up, the program should be killed in the middle of execution. How can I do this? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not run via cron job

I have a perl script, when I ran manually it works perfect. I check the permissions which are fine. How can I find out why it is not running? how can I setup a log to check. I am running it on solaris 9. It compares multiple files, SCP and then send out an e-mail. As I said when I ran it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to execute background job

I am unable to execute the below command in background. Plz suggest. #> ./test input >out & 913618 + Stopped (SIGTTIN) ./test input >out & Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to schedule job in cron

Hi, from normal user(oracle) i am unable to run scheduled job in cron: os version: bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS sumail02 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 bash-2.03$ crontab -l 55 * * * * sh /oracle/statistics.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 bash-2.03$ cat /oracle/statistics.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

5. AIX

user unable to run at job

Aix version is 5.2. users are not able to run only at jobs. users are listed in at.allow file. Getting following Errors: at -l at: 0481-108 You are not authorized to use the at command. atq 0481-067 Cannot change to the /var/spool/cron/atjobs directory. at 24:10:00 pwd at:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Autosys unable to set the job to the status of FAILED

Hi The Autosys job that call DOS batch file which in turn calls java and this java program has successful completion though there are series of exception occurred in the data it handles and want the job to be set to Fail in its autosys, how could it be done? a.bat { java sample.class ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muthupus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job is unable to process

Hi All, I have got a shell script that excutes some job and mails me the output as an attachment. While running the script manually, its perfect. when i am scheduling the job through crontab, i am getting the mail. but the attachment but this is a blank file. after the scheduler run, i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi, Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir. Please suggest me with the sample script. Thanks !! Reagrds, Rama (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run for 30 minutes

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to run a job from cron only for 30 minutes duration daily twice at 8.35 am and 20.35 pm Can you please suggest how to schedule the job? Thanks- Pokhraj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
5 Replies
qrun(8B)								PBS								  qrun(8B)

NAME
qrun - run a pbs batch job SYNOPSIS
qrun [-a] [-H host] job_identifier ... DESCRIPTION
The qrun command is used to force a batch server to initiate the execution of a batch job. The job is run regardless of scheduling posi- tion, resource requirements, or state. In order to execute qrun, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-a Specifies the job(s) is to be run asynchronously. -H host Specifies the host within the cluster on which the job(s) are to be run. The host argument is the name of a host that is a member of the cluster of hosts managed by the server. If the option is not specified, the server will select the "worst possible" host on which to execute the job. OPERANDS
The qrun command accepts one or more job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] STANDARD ERROR
The qrun command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qrun command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qrun command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), pbs_sched(8B), qmgr(1B) Local qrun(8B)