Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep all lines from a file NOT having a certain character Post 302341556 by ABE2202 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 06:53:08 AM
Old 08-06-2009
actually my Input file is much longer and has more than one ','
I just shortened my postings for better reading

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a perticular character of all lines of a file

Hi all, I am new to UNIX, so sorry if my question seem stupid to u. well i want to replace the first character of first 30 lines of a file, only if the first character is h. and in anothe script i want to replace a particular string/character say hello/h of a file.Condition: It should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abovais
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation of character separated lines in a file

Hi, I have a file with "|" separated fields. If the line doesn't contain n "|" (say 2), then put this line in a file called invalid_file.txt. If it does put this row in a file called valid_file.txt. For e.g. A file contain following rows: Hi|Hello How|Are|You Hello then invalid_file.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolesunil
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines based on occurances of a particular character in a file

Hi, Is there any way to merge two lines based on specific occurance of a character in a file. I am having a flat file which contains multiple records. Each row in the file should contain specified number of delimiter. For a particular row , if the delimiter count is not matched with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_tuty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove lines from file where > 13 occurrences of character

I have a '~' delimited file of 6 - 7 million rows. Each row should contain 13 columns delimited by 12 ~'s. Where there are 13 tildes, the row needs to be removed. Each row contains alphanumeric data and occasionally a ~ ends up in a descriptive field and therefore acts as a delimiter, resulting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpd
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to return lines not containing a character

Hello , this is my first topic cause I need your little help:( I got .txt file, and I want to find lines without letter 'a', so im writing: grep "" list.txt (list.txt is the file of course) and i have no idea why it's not working because it shows lines with a. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbqtoss
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Replace nth position character of all the lines in file

I want to replace 150th character of all the lines in a file using sed or awk... searched the forums but didn't find exact answer (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep : Filter/Move All The Lines Containing Not More Than One "X" Character Into A Text File

Hi All It's me again with another huge txt files. :confused: What I have: - I have 33 huge txt files in a folder. - I have thousands of line in this txt file which contain many the letter "x" in them. - Some of them have more than one "x" character in the line. What I want to achieve:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to grep every character in a file against multiple files

Hello All I am trying to grep the list of id's in a .txt file(patterns.txt) against all log files which are in /logs directory in a server. Patterns.txt file has only ID's, that means I need to search for each and every character. Please help me how it can be done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies
ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(1)						       BIND9							 ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(1)

NAME
isc-hmac-fixup - fixes HMAC keys generated by older versions of BIND SYNOPSIS
isc-hmac-fixup {algorithm} {secret} DESCRIPTION
Versions of BIND 9 up to and including BIND 9.6 had a bug causing HMAC-SHA* TSIG keys which were longer than the digest length of the hash algorithm (i.e., SHA1 keys longer than 160 bits, SHA256 keys longer than 256 bits, etc) to be used incorrectly, generating a message authentication code that was incompatible with other DNS implementations. This bug has been fixed in BIND 9.7. However, the fix may cause incompatibility between older and newer versions of BIND, when using long keys. isc-hmac-fixup modifies those keys to restore compatibility. To modify a key, run isc-hmac-fixup and specify the key's algorithm and secret on the command line. If the secret is longer than the digest length of the algorithm (64 bytes for SHA1 through SHA256, or 128 bytes for SHA384 and SHA512), then a new secret will be generated consisting of a hash digest of the old secret. (If the secret did not require conversion, then it will be printed without modification.) SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Secrets that have been converted by isc-hmac-fixup are shortened, but as this is how the HMAC protocol works in operation anyway, it does not affect security. RFC 2104 notes, "Keys longer than [the digest length] are acceptable but the extra length would not significantly increase the function strength." SEE ALSO
BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual, RFC 2104. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") BIND9 January 5, 2010 ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(1)