Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep all lines from a file NOT having a certain character Post 302341542 by ryandegreat25 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 06:25:04 AM
Old 08-06-2009
try..
Code:
awk '!/{/ {print $0}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a perticular character of all lines of a file

Hi all, I am new to UNIX, so sorry if my question seem stupid to u. well i want to replace the first character of first 30 lines of a file, only if the first character is h. and in anothe script i want to replace a particular string/character say hello/h of a file.Condition: It should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abovais
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation of character separated lines in a file

Hi, I have a file with "|" separated fields. If the line doesn't contain n "|" (say 2), then put this line in a file called invalid_file.txt. If it does put this row in a file called valid_file.txt. For e.g. A file contain following rows: Hi|Hello How|Are|You Hello then invalid_file.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolesunil
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines based on occurances of a particular character in a file

Hi, Is there any way to merge two lines based on specific occurance of a character in a file. I am having a flat file which contains multiple records. Each row in the file should contain specified number of delimiter. For a particular row , if the delimiter count is not matched with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_tuty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove lines from file where > 13 occurrences of character

I have a '~' delimited file of 6 - 7 million rows. Each row should contain 13 columns delimited by 12 ~'s. Where there are 13 tildes, the row needs to be removed. Each row contains alphanumeric data and occasionally a ~ ends up in a descriptive field and therefore acts as a delimiter, resulting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpd
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to return lines not containing a character

Hello , this is my first topic cause I need your little help:( I got .txt file, and I want to find lines without letter 'a', so im writing: grep "" list.txt (list.txt is the file of course) and i have no idea why it's not working because it shows lines with a. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbqtoss
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Replace nth position character of all the lines in file

I want to replace 150th character of all the lines in a file using sed or awk... searched the forums but didn't find exact answer (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep : Filter/Move All The Lines Containing Not More Than One "X" Character Into A Text File

Hi All It's me again with another huge txt files. :confused: What I have: - I have 33 huge txt files in a folder. - I have thousands of line in this txt file which contain many the letter "x" in them. - Some of them have more than one "x" character in the line. What I want to achieve:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to grep every character in a file against multiple files

Hello All I am trying to grep the list of id's in a .txt file(patterns.txt) against all log files which are in /logs directory in a server. Patterns.txt file has only ID's, that means I need to search for each and every character. Please help me how it can be done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)