Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS Share - chown problem
Operating Systems Solaris NFS Share - chown problem Post 302341475 by jlliagre on Thursday 6th of August 2009 04:14:12 AM
Old 08-06-2009
These boxes are very likely on different NFSv4 domains. That would explain the group being ignored. Don't focus on resolv.conf and fix your configuration if you want this to be corrected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS share options

Hello, I'm doing a Perl script to parse the dfstab file and find dangerous configurations (rw to everyone, root access, etc). My question is, if I have a share command like this: share -F nfs -o ro=chrome:copper:zinc,root=chrome /usr/man it means that the /usr/man is "rw" to everyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

NFS share error

I got a problem while creating files on a NFS mounted share in a RHEL box. That is when I create an empty file, this is what appears on the screen ############################################### E325: ATTENTION Found a swap file by the name ".test.swp" owned by: jsmith dated: Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

4. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du and df do not match on NFS share

Here is the scenario... NFS share that is accessed every few minutes by approx 70 systems (AIX 5.3/6.1). Filesystem space is being eaten up rapidly according to df however du numbers really never change. lsof and fuser cannot see any unlinked files on either the NFS server or remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterpengu
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS share

Hi, I have an NFS server, i want to mount that nfs share which is having around 500GB to my client system. But my client system doesnt have any free space, is it possible to mount that nfs share in my client. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem about NFS to change the share folder at several servers.

All, I re-wrote our scripts to speed-up the compiling time, original time is about 1hrs. now dispatch the sub task to different servers through SSH. Now my question is that: If dispatch these tasks into the current server, there is no errors during compiling process. If dispatch these tasks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fduan001
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for NFS share

Hi, I have created a NFS share in Solaris 10 server1 and mounted it on solaris 10 server 2.But I want to change owner of the files from nobody to a particular user in client. Which command should I use. I have tried the following but it doesn't allow to change permissions in the server2 as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS share and groups

I am having an issue with getting the proper group settings on NFS-shared directories. NFS server, NFServe, nfs-shares hundreds of project directories...running Solaris 10 latest patches/updates. SAS server, SAServe, statistical analysis server running on RedHat 7 with latest kernel/patches/etc.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)					      System Manager's Manual						RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)

NAME
resolvconf.conf -- resolvconf configuration file DESCRIPTION
resolvconf.conf is the configuration file for resolvconf(8). The resolvconf.conf file is a shell script that is sourced by resolvconf(8), meaning that resolvconf.conf must contain valid shell commands. Listed below are the standard resolvconf.conf variables that may be set. After updating this file, you may wish to run resolvconf -u to apply the new configuration. RESOLVCONF OPTIONS
interface_order These interfaces will always be processed first. If unset, defaults to the following:- lo lo[0-9]* dynamic_order These interfaces will be processed next, unless they have a metric. If unset, defaults to the following:- tap[0-9]* tun[0-9]* vpn vpn[0-9]* ppp[0-9]* ippp[0-9]* search_domains Prepend search domains to the dynamically generated list. search_domains_append Append search domains to the dynamically generated list. domain_blacklist A list of domains to be removed from consideration. To remove a domain, you can use foo.* To remove a sub domain, you can use *.bar name_servers Prepend name servers to the dynamically generated list. You should set this to 127.0.0.1 if you use a local name server other than libc. name_servers_append Append name servers to the dynamically generated list. name_server_blacklist A list of name servers to be removed from consideration. The default is 0.0.0.0 as some faulty routers send it via DHCP. To remove a block, you can use 192.168.* private_interfaces These interfaces name servers will only be queried for the domains listed in their resolv.conf. Useful for VPN domains. This is equivalent to the resolvconf -p option. state_dir Override the default state directory of /run/resolvconf. This should not be changed once resolvconf is in use unless the old direc- tory is copied to the new one. LIBC OPTIONS
The following variables affect resolv.conf(5) directly:- resolv_conf Defaults to /etc/resolv.conf if not set. resolv_conf_options A list of libc resolver options, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_passthrough When set to YES the latest resolv.conf is written to resolv_conf without any alteration. resolv_conf_sortlist A libc resolver sortlist, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_local_only If a local nameserver is configured then the default is just to specify that and ignore all other entries as they will be configured for the local nameserver. Set this to YES to list them instead, if you need working DNS and the local nameserver stops functioning at the expense of duplicated server queries. SUBSCRIBER OPTIONS
openresolv ships with subscribers for the name servers dnsmasq(8), named(8), pdnsd(8) and unbound(8). Each subscriber can create configura- tion files which should be included in in the subscribers main configuration file. dnsmasq_conf This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for specific domains. dnsmasq_resolv This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for global lookups. Example resolvconf.conf for dnsmasq: nameservers=127.0.0.1 dnsmasq_conf=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf dnsmasq_resolv=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf Example dnsmasq.conf: listen-address=127.0.0.1 conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf resolv-file=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf named_options Include this file in the named options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for global lookups. named_zones Include this file in the named global scope, after the options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for specific domains. Example resolvconf.conf for named: nameservers=127.0.0.1 named_options=/etc/named-options.conf named_zones=/etc/named-zones.conf Example named.conf: options { listen-on { 127.0.0.1; }; include /etc/named-options.conf; }; include /etc/named-zones.conf; pdnsd_conf This is the main pdnsd configuration file which we modify to add our forward domains to. If this variable is not set then we rely on the pdnsd configuration file setup to read pdnsd_resolv as documented below. pdnsd_resolv This file tells pdnsd about global nameservers. If this variable is not set then it's written to pdnsd_conf. Example resolvconf.conf for pdnsd: nameservers=127.0.0.1 pdnsd_conf=/etc/pdnsd.conf # pdnsd_resolv=/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf Example pdnsd.conf: global { server_ip = 127.0.0.1; status_ctl = on; } server { # A server definition is required, even if emtpy. label="empty"; proxy_only=on; # file="/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf"; } unbound_conf This file tells unbound about specific and global nameservers. Example resolvconf.conf for unbound: nameservers=127.0.0.1 unbound_conf=/etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf Example unbound.conf: include: /etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf SEE ALSO
resolv.conf(5) and resolvconf(8). AUTHORS
Roy Marples <roy@marples.name> BUGS
Please report them to http://roy.marples.name/projects/openresolv BSD
March 19, 2012 BSD