Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FLAR Tape Backup/Restore
Operating Systems Solaris FLAR Tape Backup/Restore Post 302341450 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 03:13:39 AM
Old 08-06-2009
is the jumpstart server still active and has the information about the machine? if so, thats the source where the ip and hostname is coming from...

---------- Post updated at 09:13 ---------- Previous update was at 09:12 ----------

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Backup Tape Restore?

I am trying to do a restore on a backup tape (DDS2) and am having a little trouble. For one, I dont know how the tape was made, whether is was tar, cpio, dump..etc. Anyone know how to restore a tape without knowing the format of the backup? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bake255
5 Replies

2. AIX

Restore a tape

Hello everyone I have a tape with some information that I got to restore, the tape was made with the fbackup command in a hp box. My question is that I have to restore in a Ibm box, how can I do this ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

5. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I cannot restore my backup from my exabyte tape drive

Hi All, I have an old Unix system used by a client as a backup server.I installed an Exabyte tape drive and on restarting the server and during POSTs, the system recognizes the tape drive with its scsi id. On running the command devstat -IAF, the system sees the tape drive quite well. When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezleone
1 Replies

7. Solaris

flar restore with svm mirrors failing to create boot image

In a Solaris9 environment I'm trying to restore flash archive (flar) with SVM mirrored devices to same server via jumpstart server and it is failing to create boot file and drops down to a command prompt in single user mode, metastat -i and metastat -p output looks good when compared to the ones... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
0 Replies

8. AIX

Tape backup/restore Date/time

good morning everyone how can i find the tape backup/restore Date/time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 Flar Creation/Restore

I'm new to utilizing Solaris... especially the old 8 version, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a Flash Archive of a disk that can be restored on a smaller size disk or disk of varying size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scifi_vixen
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Restore from flar image

Hi! I want to migrate Sun Fire v240 server (sun4u) with Solaris 10 update 6 to LDOM virtual host (sun4v). I was mount NFS directory from another server in /mnt and did this steps on v240 1) I add to the /var/sadm/system/admin/.platform PLATFORM_GROUP=sun4v # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbubentsov
1 Replies
BACKUP_DELHOST(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)

NAME
backup_delhost - Deletes a Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delhost -tapehost <tape machine name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delh -t <tape machine name> [-p <TC port offset>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delhost command deletes the indicated Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database. It is then impossible to submit backup operations to that Tape Coordinator, even if it is still running. To keep configuration information consistent, also remove the corresponding entry from the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine. To list the Tape Coordinator machines and port offsets defined in the Backup Database, issue the backup listhosts command. OPTIONS
-tapehost <tape machine name> Specifies the hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator to delete. -portoffset <TC port offset> Specifies the port offset number of the Tape Coordinator to delete. If omitted, it defaults to 0. If provided, it is an integer between 0 (zero) and 58510, and must match the port offset number assigned to the same combination of Tape Coordinator and tape device or file in the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine indicated by the -tapehost argument. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the Backup Database entry for the Tape Coordinator with port offset 2 on the Tape Coordinator machine "backup3.abc.com": % backup delhost -tapehost backup3.abc.com -portoffset 2 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_listhosts(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)