Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to check file size greater than 50M Post 302341349 by sweetblood on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 03:56:46 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Are you joking? This is NOT a free script service. If you need assistance with something you are working on show what you have done, indicate the problem (errors) you are having. Someone may at that time want to assist you, but don't drop off your "Requirements" and expect a free solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size greater than 0

ok I want to know how to touch a file and find out that it is greater than 0 then if it is not I want to fail the job other wise I want to success amnd go on. Can anyone help. Thanks Shannon Kammer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skammer1234
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I find wether a particular file exist and size greater than zero...help please

Can I find wether a particular file exist and size greater than zero in one line command. similar to this if && something in one if test .... e.g. if 1.) is it possible ? ... if yes how 2.) what would be the return type in case there is success or failure. I mean if both are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter the file list greater then the size specified by user

HI, Can any tell me how to filter the list of files greater than the size specified by user. The size should be provided by user as an input. Regards shiva (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file empty.. but size is greater than zero??/

Hi, I have a file by redirecting some contents in unix shell. Even when there is no content that is being redirected, the file size still shows greater than zero. but even if there is no matching pattern the file APPRES has size greater than 0bytes. awk -f AA.awk $logfile>APPRES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Check the file size using Batch script in windows

Hi, I need to check the file size using a batch script. Pls advise. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file system size

Dears, the output of this command df -h | tr -s ' ' | cut -f5 -d' ' is capacity 24% 0% 0% 0% 0% 1% 0% 24% 24% 0% 93% 1% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check the value greater than or less than and give out put to a file

HI, I have one file which is as below cat /var/tmp/test1 | awk '{ print $3}'|grep -v affected Data ---------- 200.4 . The above 200 value is changable by the database script. Now I need a script that checks the value 200.4 and the script shoud give out put if value is more than 225 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for file size and then sftp

noted down (44 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
44 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)