Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to send a file from aix to a email address? Post 302341309 by balaji_prk on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 12:58:03 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Is that you want to send a file through mail to xxx@yahoo.com?

if so

To send the file as attachment

#uuencode <source file name> <file name> | mail -s <subject> xxx@yahoo.com

or to simply send the mail with the content of file as the body of mail

#cat <file name> | mais -s <subject> xxx@yahoo.com

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. AIX

Send email from unix (AIX) with PDF attachment

I am using the following command to send PDF attachment with a mail. uuencode <attachment.pdf> <attachment.pdf>|mailx -s <subject> <mail_id> < <Message_file.txt> This one send the message with attachment. I would like send PDF attachment with the mail Can any one help with this issue ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunjup
0 Replies

4. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send email from address list and subject list

Hello, Here is my problem. there are two files. first.txt <<< contains email address ====== abc@mail.com abd@mail.com abe@mail.com second.txt <<< contains webpage links ======== http//www.test.com/abc/index.html http://www.test.com/abd/index.html http://www.test.com/abe/index.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send mail file from server to another address

HP-UX B11.23 ia64 I have a users mail inbox in /var/mail I want to send all the mail there to another address (an Exchange address). At the Exchange address, I want it to appear as the original separate emails, with attachments in their original form (e.g. still MIME encoded). Is that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

9. AIX

From address of an email from AIX server

My application resides on an AIX server and sends out emails when a job is completed, and a report ready to be picked up. However the from address of the email seems to have our test server's name, instead of the production server. In reality the mail is coming from the production server only. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email VERSION
version 2.32 SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender; use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2011 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)