Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comparing with numbers.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing with numbers. Post 302341127 by nagendramv on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 06:08:41 AM
Old 08-05-2009
its giving the syntax error

syntax error in expression (error token is ":00:00")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two numbers

Hello, I kinda newbie in unix so I would like so help.I know that there is a command that compares two integer numbers test (eg. #$1=0 ).I would like to know if it is possible to compare any number with another (eg. 2.3=0 or 3.7!=0 4.5>2.2). Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TabloMaxos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two numbers with the decimals

Can someone tell me how do I comapre two numbers with the decimals in UNIX shell scripting I understand "-gt" can be used only for integers Regards, Giri (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing numbers in a file

Hello, I'm searching for a quick method to read numeric values from a file or a defined variable and identifying the largest number. For instance if the following numbers are in a file or defined to a variable: 09192007 09202007 09182007 09172007 09162007 What "short" method could be used to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusk2dawn
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Version Numbers

Hi There! Apologies if this has been asked previously but I couldn't find the answer I was hoping for. Basically, all I want to do is compare the OS X version against the version that I require in my script. So I'm retrieving the OS version using defaults read, but how can I compare this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Decimal Numbers

Im trying to compare two numbers with decimals but its not working as expected. a=1 b=1.1 if then echo "equal" fi When I do this it says that the numbers are equal. Ultimately Im using -le and -ge in the if statements but I tested with -eq for simplicity. Any way to make this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two numbers with decimal point

How to compare two numbers with decimal points ? Is there a way in bash to do this? (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
33 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where to being Comparing numbers?

Hi. I do not know how to compare numbers and need help. In my script I have to figure the MAX, MIN, & Avg. Sales amounts. Please help me. In the code, "transaction" is a counter. #!/bin/bash clear transaction=0 sales=0 total=0 while test $sales ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Negative Numbers with If/Else

ValA=-29344 if ; then echo "NEGATIVE" else echo "POSITIVE" fi Can someone please tell me how else they would go about doing the above? When i do it, i get errors such as: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing decimal numbers between 0 and 1

For numbers between 0 and 1 the below logic is not working. Output of above shall be "correct" but its echoing "incorrect".Kindly suggest a=.1 if then echo correct else echo incorrect fi Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsvikas
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing multiple variables containing numbers

a=1 456 b=4928 c=23 d=456 I want to compare four variables to get the name of the variable having the highest number (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies
dlaisnan.f(3)							      LAPACK							     dlaisnan.f(3)

NAME
dlaisnan.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines LOGICAL function dlaisnan (DIN1, DIN2) DLAISNAN tests input for NaN by comparing two arguments for inequality. Function/Subroutine Documentation LOGICAL function dlaisnan (double precisionDIN1, double precisionDIN2) DLAISNAN tests input for NaN by comparing two arguments for inequality. Purpose: This routine is not for general use. It exists solely to avoid over-optimization in DISNAN. DLAISNAN checks for NaNs by comparing its two arguments for inequality. NaN is the only floating-point value where NaN != NaN returns .TRUE. To check for NaNs, pass the same variable as both arguments. A compiler must assume that the two arguments are not the same variable, and the test will not be optimized away. Interprocedural or whole-program optimization may delete this test. The ISNAN functions will be replaced by the correct Fortran 03 intrinsic once the intrinsic is widely available. Parameters: DIN1 DIN1 is DOUBLE PRECISION DIN2 DIN2 is DOUBLE PRECISION Two numbers to compare for inequality. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 75 of file dlaisnan.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dlaisnan.f(3)