Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Books on Solaris 10 Administration Post 302341121 by sankasu on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 06:01:41 AM
Old 08-05-2009
Need Books on Solaris 10 Administration

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me with Solaris 10 administration docs?
I need this as i will soon be taking up the role of a administrator..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for administration in Unix SCO OpenServer Release 5

Hi, I am a new user to the Server SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5. Could you please advise any books for me to have a comprehensive view of how to administrate this Unix server. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogercko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regds solaris administration

hii alll I need clarification regarding solaris administration what the best way to fine tune the solaris system in in sparc system.I had solaris 8 running on sunblade 1000 can i delete files from var(like what all files i can delete or remove) like wise for other slices what all i can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Solaris Books?

Hey everyone, Just to introduce myself, I'm a long time Windows admin who's being thrust headfirst into the world of Unix! We're taking on another business line that has a few Solaris 9 systems, so I need to get up to speed... or at least be able to SOUND like I am! I took an intro to Unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zealot
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris books

I am interested in books with good coverage of Solaris 8 or 9, maybe 10 (is 10 widely deployed in production yet) I've been doing unix admin for a while but on other platforms. I've noticed that most if not all of Solaris books in the bookstore assume you need to know the basic stuff, ksh,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etc
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 books

I am a beginner about of solaris. I want to study it,but i don't how to study it.where shoud i go. So anybody can instruct me,and give me some books or link. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bukky
2 Replies

6. Solaris

any good solaris 10 books out there?

I'm going to start building/administrating solaris 10 systems (on SPARC platform) in the near future and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good solaris 10 book that I can use to learn the new features of solaris etc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old Solaris books

Hi I am a retired SA and have tons of Solaris books just collecting dust. Any ideas on how I can get rid of them? I don't want to just toss them. I have stuff like: Solaris 8 Sys Admin 1 and 2 Guides Volume Manager guide Veritas Cluster Server 15k server admin guide. it goes on and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rojorisin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

Hi All..... How many maximum no of users can be created in solaris 10.0 Waiting for the reply ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

unable to run smgroup / smadd command to create or modify the users and directories. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
1 Replies
DROP 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands DROP ROLE(7) NAME
DROP ROLE - remove a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP ROLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] DESCRIPTION
DROP ROLE removes the specified role(s). To drop a superuser role, you must be a superuser yourself; to drop non-superuser roles, you must have CREATEROLE privilege. A role cannot be removed if it is still referenced in any database of the cluster; an error will be raised if so. Before dropping the role, you must drop all the objects it owns (or reassign their ownership) and revoke any privileges the role has been granted. The REASSIGN OWNED [reassign_owned(7)] and DROP OWNED [drop_owned(7)] commands can be useful for this purpose. However, it is not necessary to remove role memberships involving the role; DROP ROLE automatically revokes any memberships of the target role in other roles, and of other roles in the target role. The other roles are not dropped nor otherwise affected. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the role does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of the role to remove. NOTES
PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a role: DROP ROLE jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard defines DROP ROLE, but it allows only one role to be dropped at a time, and it specifies different privilege requirements than PostgreSQL uses. SEE ALSO
CREATE ROLE [create_role(7)], ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)], SET ROLE [set_role(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP ROLE(7)