Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris difference between unix and genunix files Post 302341047 by bpsunadm on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 03:14:31 AM
Old 08-05-2009
difference between unix and genunix files

Hi,

Please explain difference between unix and genunix files in solaris.

Thanks in advance

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX and Linux

OK, I've used various versions of UNIX(Solaris, HPUX, etc..) over the years. Now the organization I work for is leaning towards more Linux based systems(Redhat, Suse, etc..) I do see differences in in comands and how to accomplish basic adminstration, but nothing mind blowing. So, what is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix difference

Hi, What is the difference between the following unix ie.. Linux-unix, HP-Unix, AIX, Solaris Unix... whether commands used in all unix are same? and which one is best?..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between 2 files in unix

I need the get the difference between 2 files and the result, I need to output it to an other file file1 1 1 2 file2 1 1 2 3 Result....File3=3 used diff file1 file2 > file3 ( not working as expected)..Exact requirement..I have 2 flatfiles to compare and load only the difference in a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between windows and Unix

Hi all, can anyone share any URl or link which is about the main 20 advantages and features of unix over windows i mean i need camparison matrix between windows and any flavour of unix. thanks a lot in advance for sharing. Best Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference Between 2 files in UNIX

Hi, I am having files in the below format $ cat a.txt 1, abc, 1234 2, bcd, 2345 $ cat b.txt 1, bcd, 2345 2, cde, 3456 and I want to display only what is not exists in a.txt through UNIX script. like 2, cde, 3456 Please advice me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alex_Smith
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between unix and linux

Hi I am new to linux I have dout waht is the difference between UNIX and LINUX Is there any soft for insatallation for UNIX OS Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaya
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)