Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris changing user password as root on LDAP client SOl10/u7 Post 302341031 by ilikecows on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 02:35:25 AM
Old 08-05-2009
changing user password as root on LDAP client SOl10/u7

I'm fairly inexperienced with LDAP and DSEE so to build my skills I installed directory server in the global zone of my Sol 10/u7 machine and created a zone to use as a client. For some reason when I try to change a users password as root (in the client zone) with passwd -r ldap I am prompted for that user's password. Is there anyway to configure DSEE to allow root on LDAP clients to change passwords without knowing the users password?

Last edited by ilikecows; 08-05-2009 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: spelling correction

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Changing root password

I have two unix system A and B with same configuration. I can use remsh from A system login to B system as root, but when I want to change the root password of B system, it ask me the old password, but i forgot it. However, is it possible to change the B system root password? :( Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
3 Replies

2. Solaris

LDAP user password reset script

Hey all, I'm looking for a script to auto-generate a password for users that forget their password. Currently, we are using a perl script (with cgi-bin) where users update their password, but would like to add to this and make it so that the users can also request a password reset and a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied when changing root password after reset

I have a Solaris 10 machine that I didn't know the root password to so I went into single user mode and removed the password from the shadow file and rebooted and I am able to login with no password now. But my problem is that when I try to change the root password from no password to something... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkone_d1_2000
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reset the ldap root password?

How to change the ldap root password. I have generated the password by using "slappasswd " command, but In my root machine "/etc/ldap/sldap.d" file is not there. instead of the file sldap.d directory only is there. please help me...? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

User Based LDAP Client Access

Hi everyone, I am not that familiar with LDAP advanced contents. But since it is a popular secure tool for authentication, I preferred to user RedHat LDAP. The organization has 5 organizational units. There are 3 client servers and I want to limit each client to access different users. So, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] LDAP Constraint Violation while changing password

Hello there, I hope that I am posting in the right section here, please advise if I posted wrong. I currently try to change passwords in our Active Directory Envoirenment via LDAP on Linux since the users in question do not have access to a windows-machine and we want to keep it that way. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryford
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with feeding password while changing to root user

i want to change user to "root" from another user while running a script. how can i automatically feed the password? for example, i want to write a script say "script.sh"... it will first run the command "p" as mhmn user, and then it will change the user to "root" by using "su - root" command. at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhmn
1 Replies

8. AIX

Changing root password

I want to change the root password on an AIX box. What is the best method to do this so i do not get myself locked out. When I do i search the results come up for resetting the password if you are locked out. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Giving password reset access to non-root user, in LDAP

Hi, We have two LDAP servers. Whenever we get a ticket to reset the password, we login to LDAP primary server and reset the password. For below example, I logged into primary LDAP server and resetting password to john to Welcome123# We are giving this work to tier-1 team, so that they can reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
rem_drv(1M)															       rem_drv(1M)

NAME
rem_drv - remove a device driver from the system SYNOPSIS
rem_drv [-b basedir] device_driver The rem_drv command informs the system that the device driver device_driver is no longer valid. If possible, rem_drv unloads device_driver from memory. rem_drv also updates the system driver configuration files. If rem_drv has been executed, the next time the system is rebooted it automatically performs a reconfiguration boot (see kernel(1M)). The following options are supported: -b basedir Sets the path to the root directory of the diskless client. Used on the server to execute rem_drv for a client. The client machine must be rebooted to unload the driver. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). Example 1: Removing the sd Driver The following example removes the sd driver from use: example% rem_drv sd Example 2: Removing a Diskless Client The following example removes the driver from the sun1 diskless client. The driver is not uninstalled or unloaded until the client machine is rebooted. example% rem_drv -b /export/root/sun1 sd Note the caveat on the use of the -b option in the description of that option, above. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ add_drv(1M), kernel(1M), update_drv(1M), attributes(5), devfs(7FS) 6 Apr 2005 rem_drv(1M)