Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Logging shell commands and send it out Post 302340952 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 06:09:52 PM
Old 08-04-2009
Run something like:
Code:
cat userlogfile | logger -p auth.notice

as the user logs out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Logging commands and output

I'm looking for a CLI utility that will capture all the commands you type at the Solaris CLI (and their output) into a file. I'm sure it's called "scripter", but I can't find anything on a command called scripter. Does anyone know of a such a command? Your help will be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Need to send commands to Program

Hi, I am an absolute beginner in Unix and I need to send a commands to a program I have created a script that will let me login to the program, however, i cannot get the script to send commands to this program. When the cript logs into the program, the display/ prompt is as follows: 1>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_m4ch1ne
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send AT commands after getting into Kermit window?

We're using Kermit 8.0.209 in Linux environment. We're trying to invoke kermit from an application, send some AT commands and receive the responses from the End terminals like mobiles/modems. We access these deivces through serial ports. For eg., to send a file we use command-line options like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratiul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make ssh and send commands

Hi, I'm trying to make an SSH into a SGSN node and collect some commands printouts.:confused: I really don't know how this can be done. I think it must be like this: #!/bin/bash ssh user@192.168.88.10 Then I must enter the password, but I don't know how to do it, I tried with: echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into server and excute commands

hi all, I am new to unix and unix scipting. i need a script to logging into servers and to excute some commands in each server. for eg : I tried with below script ,but cant get the desired o/p. please help with this for i in `cat serverlist` do echo $i ssh $i uname -a ; cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies

9. Linux

send remote commands to windows machine?

hey guys, I've done some searching and other than winexe I haven't been able to find a way to send remote commands to a windows machine. The problem I get is with winexe whenever you send the process to the background in a script, I get the following error. :wall: Any help is appreciated! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Send AT Commands to mgetty?

Hello All, I've been working on something which requires a dialup USB Modem. I have been using minicom with success entering "AT Commands" directly into the terminal window that shows after running the minicom command. I had already configured the modem through minicom and was able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies
qmail-control(5)						File Formats Manual						  qmail-control(5)

NAME
qmail-control - qmail configuration files INTRODUCTION
You can change the behavior of the qmail system by modifying qmail's control files in /var/lib/qmail/control. qmail can survive with just one control file, me, containing the fully-qualified name of the current host. This file is used as the default for other hostname-related control files. Comments are allowed in badmailfrom, locals, percenthack, qmqpservers, rcpthosts, smtproutes, and virtualdomains. Trailing spaces and tabs are allowed in any control file. The following table lists all control files other than me. See the corresponding man pages for further details. control default used by badmailfrom (none) qmail-smtpd bouncefrom MAILER-DAEMON qmail-send bouncehost me qmail-send concurrencylocal 10 qmail-send concurrencyremote 20 qmail-send defaultdomain me qmail-inject defaulthost me qmail-inject databytes 0 qmail-smtpd doublebouncehost me qmail-send doublebounceto postmaster qmail-send envnoathost me qmail-send helohost me qmail-remote idhost me qmail-inject localiphost me qmail-smtpd locals me qmail-send morercpthosts (none) qmail-smtpd percenthack (none) qmail-send plusdomain me qmail-inject qmqpservers (none) qmail-qmqpc queuelifetime 604800 qmail-send rcpthosts (none) qmail-smtpd smtpgreeting me qmail-smtpd smtproutes (none) qmail-remote timeoutconnect 60 qmail-remote timeoutremote 1200 qmail-remote timeoutsmtpd 1200 qmail-smtpd virtualdomains (none) qmail-send SEE ALSO
qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-remote(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-showctl(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-control(5)