Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix script rm behaiving differently in difference machine Post 302340926 by arunkumar_mca on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 04:58:33 PM
Old 08-04-2009
Thank you ..

HOMEDIR=~
UNXUSER=`whoami`

This is where the HOMEDIR and UNXUSER comes from

ls -l clean_tmp_*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pct pw 83 Aug 4 10:55 /ppd/clean_tmp_cmd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script behaving differently in Crontab..

I posted this in Shell scripting... maybe I'll try it in this forum.. ***************** I wrote a script to stop a process,truncate its log files and re-start the process... We are using Progress Software in Unix ( Sun Sparc) When ever I start this progress program , it should kick off a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script behaving differently in Crontab..

Hi, I wrote a script to stop a process,truncate its log files and re-start the process... We are using Progress Software in Unix ( Sun Sparc) When ever I start this progress program , it should kick off a C pgm in the background.. The script work perfectly fine when I run it from command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script behaving differently on two servers

All, I have a script that runs on 2 servers and there seems to be something wrong. It's producing different results on the 2 servers. Here is the script on server1 which is behaving correctly but on 2 behaving differently. 2nd server: I couldn't make out whats the error is?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhssatya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP Script from windows to unix machine

Hi i need to FTP files from windows to unix(sun) machine using script. what are the scripts commands i need to use to transfer files Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing script for finding files in the unix machine?

I would like to find whether a file exists in the UNIX machine. That i can check using if ;then echo "exists" echo " `cat $file` " else echo "invalid file" fi. and i can find out using : find / -name "filename" . But it i have wanted to search in all directories. How to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparsa001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is a variable behaving differently in ksh script.

Guys i have strange behaviour with command output being saved in a variable instead of a tmp file. 1. I suck command output into a variable Sample command output # cleanstats DRIVE INFO: ---------- Drv Type Mount Time Frequency Last Cleaned Comment *** ****... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lavascript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk treating variables differently in UNIX-Linux

Hi, awk seem to be acting differently in Unix and Linux when it comes to formatting. This is making it difficult to migrate scripts. for example: UNIX: echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05d\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "S12" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
9 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)