Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bootup sequence
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bootup sequence Post 302340874 by karthi_g on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 02:24:13 PM
Old 08-04-2009
bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bootup script

Hello there I need to run a script whenever i reboot or startup my HP-UX server. This script adds some routes to the route table, and it start third party aplications like "Star Manager". I thought i could do this simply putting the script in "/sbin/init.d, and a link to the script in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootup Error

Hi all The following error was displayed when a sco server (5.0.5) was booted. What should be done to overcome the problem. Replies appreciated. Bios 03.0 0130688 KB memory good 01 processor(s) in system remote console dialing on, please wait connect fail : modem off cpu clock... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

6. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system slows after bootup for some time

Hi, I am using a Linux system running at run level 3. I am finding a wired problem, once the system boots, the system terminal slows down, I need to type the characters repeatedly to enter my login and password info. Also running any commands takes time, it stays in this condition for some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

10. SCO

Error F painit on bootup

I have a known good external SCSI HD running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7. I decided that I wanted to be able to run this drive on another computer, so I bought the same SCSI card as before (LSI) and then attempted to boot on the other system. The bootup process hung with the error F painit. I've... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
13 Replies
BP_SREFORMAT(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  BP_SREFORMAT(1p)

NAME
bpsreformat - convert sequence formats DESCRIPTION
This script uses the SeqIO system that allows conversion of sequence formats either sequence data or multiple sequence alignment data. The name comes from the fact that Sean Eddy's program sreformat (part of the HMMER pkg) already does this. Sean's program tries to guess the input formats while in our code we currently require your to specify what the input and output formats are and if the data is from a multiple sequence alignment or from straight sequence files. Usage: bpsreformat -if INFORMAT -of OUTFORMAT -i FILENAME -o output.FORMAT -h/--help Print this help -if/--informat Specify the input format -of/--outformat Specify the output format -i/--input Specify the input file name (to pass in data on STDIN use minus sign as filename) -o/--output Specify the output file name (to pass data out on STDOUT use minus sign as filename) --msa Specify this is multiple sequence alignment data --special Will pass on special parameters to the AlignIO/SeqIO object -- most of these are for Bio::AlignIO objects Comma separated list of the following nointerleaved -- for phylip,non-interleaved format idlinebreak -- for phylip, makes it molphy format percentages -- for clustalw, show % id per line perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_SREFORMAT(1p)