Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX ISO image file
Operating Systems AIX AIX ISO image file Post 302340847 by balaji_prk on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 12:25:51 PM
Old 08-04-2009
You need an IBM RISC machine (System p) to install AIX. Hope you know that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting an ISO As a file system in AIX

I want to mount an ISO image as a file system in AIX, have been unable to find a utility to do so after scouring the net. Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murdaugh
1 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Mounting an ISO image on Solaris

Many software packages can be downloaded in the form of an ISO image. ISO images can also be created from CD and saved as ISO images: $ cat /dev/somecd > somename.iso Rather than burning the image to a CD-ROM to access its contents, it is easy to mount the image directly into the filesystem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need iso image on CD_ROM of 9.01 to 9.07 HPUX How do I get one

There is a HP APPOLLO series 700 workstation where I am working that runs some CAD/CAM software. The department has not upgraded, backup, or done anything with the box. They have been using it this way for years. It doesn't boot up now, seems like probably bad drive. It would be nice to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: camsoft
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount iso image

I would like to mount an iso CD image on my Suse linux (SLES 9), the image has been copied to my suse linux machine. am able to mount the iso image manually by mount -oloop /iso/SLES-9-i386-CD1.iso /free but I would like to put the above entry in /etc/fstab so that when the machine is rebooted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Writing ISO image to CD

I want to install Ubuntu 7.10 and I have ISO image ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso . How can I convert to a bootable CD on linux or on windows. Thanks, J. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

7. AIX

How to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2

Hi, Could anyone let me know how to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2 ? --SaiP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saip
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an iso image file

Hi, I'm trying to create a customized debian installer on a USB key. I found a tutorial on how to create the usb key. After the USB key is prepared, all you have to do is to copy the iso file to the stick. So what I need to do now is to be able to modify the content of the iso file before... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)