Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users script with a sequence of nohups Post 302340682 by Tytalus on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 07:41:37 AM
Old 08-04-2009
have a play with:

Code:
#  date; sleep 5 && date
Tue Aug  4 12:30:34 BST 2009
Tue Aug  4 12:30:39 BST 2009

or

#   nohup sleep 5 & date ; wait ; date
[1] 50117
Tue Aug  4 12:30:58 BST 2009
Sending output to nohup.out
[1]+  Done                    nohup sleep 5
Tue Aug  4 12:31:03 BST 2009

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script in boot sequence

Hi , I have some problems with my library when the sytem boot : When HPUX is booting, HPUX and STAPE claim the drive initially. HPUX assigns an instance number. The instance number is tied to the hardware path. Near the end of the boot, the ATDD driver claims the drive from STAPE based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to ensure lines are in sequence

Hello there, I check files containing more than 2000 lines, I try to make sure that the lines are in sequence...for example the first line begins with Av567, second line contains Av568 and so on up to the last line that may contain Av2500. I need a script to check that all lines are in sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - script can check jump sequence?

Hi, if I have a lot of files like (AABBCC0010, AABBCC0011, AABBCC0012....AABBCC1000), can I write a small script to check any sequence number jump and show me the result which sequence number? #The first sequence may start from 0010 or 0101... :confused: Thank you!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script for Checking sequence

Hello, I need Unix script for Checking sequence and get output in a file for missing sequences information. We are moving archive log to a server for DR .if any files miss from sequence DR will fails. so we need script to monitor sequence of files which are FTP from the Production servers .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rata_raj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to touch a sequence of files

Hi, My requirement is i need to touch a sequence of files like touch a touch b touch c now i need the script in a way that checks if all files are touched or not. if any file say b is not touched then i should get this notification. Please suggest as i am new to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file sequence

Hi everyone, I need help in creating a script that would check if the file sequence is in order in a particular directory. These are log files that are generated throughout the day. Example of the file name will be, ABC01_YYMMDDHHMM###### (ABC01_0904161829000001) Sometimes the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash script to parse sequence...

Hi, I have 4000 list files and 4000 sequence data files. Each list file contains a number of 'headers' and data file contains 'header and data'. I would like to extract data from the data file using the list file and write into a new file. As each of the files are quite large, an efficient piece... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate sequence of numbers

I need awk script to generate part number sequencing based on data in multiple columns like below Input File --------- Col A|Col B|Col C| 1|a|x| 2|b|y| |c|z| | |m| | |n| And out put should be like 1ax 1ay 1az 1am 1an 1bx 1by (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aramacha
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will shell script executes in sequence

I have a shell script scheduled in cron job to run at every 1 minute which transfers files to remote machine and then move the files to backup folder. cd /u01/app/ftp_tmp sftp user@hostname <<-EOF cd /home/user/ftp mput * bye EOF mv /u01/app/ftp_tmp/* /u01/app/ftp_bkp Now the problem is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies
NOHUP(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)