Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP behaving erraneous way
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP behaving erraneous way Post 302340677 by shahnazurs on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 07:32:54 AM
Old 08-04-2009
FTP behaving erraneous way

Hi Gurus,

I tried FTP one file to UNIX which got values like

wel^come

If I see the content in unix, it shows like

wel^Zcome

^ coverted into ^Z (Control + Z )
Can someone please share what is happening here?

Thanks,
Shahnaz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp application behaving erratically

Hi, I am working on a custom made FTP application. The application is behaving erratically for the "ls" command. Wild card character passed to the "ls" command (like "ls *temp") is giving inconsistent results. On debuggin I have found that the "ls" command is implemented as shown below in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diganta
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

csplit not behaving

I have a large file with the first 2 characters of each line determining the type of record. type 03 being a subheader and then it will have multiple 04 records. eg: 03,xxx,xxxx,xxxx 04,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03,xxx,xxx,xxx ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badg3r
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/hosts on Ubuntu behaving strangely

Hy guys, I'm having a very strange problem, every time I change the /etc/hosts file on an Ubuntu machine @ work, every time I change the line: 127.0.0.1 programmer.COMPANY to 127.0.0.1 programmer.COMPANY programmer It works till the next reboot, now, I have never experienced this on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command behaving unexpectedly

Im trying to execute the below command on our server to list files and replace the newline in the file list with spaces, but the character 'n' is getting replaced with a space, is there any environment variable that needs to be set in UNIX? sh -c 'ls -trx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshrr3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uniq command behaving odd

My file has k s j v l k a s f l k s a d f j l a s (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and cut behaving differently

I have attached a file with few records. First 2 characters of each record are binary characters. I can remove it by and it works fine. But is behaving differently and removing more than expected characters. Can someone help me in accomplishing it through sed? Thanks in advance. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
13 Replies

7. Red Hat

nslookup behaving strangely

I have two servers on same domain. one can nslookup other cannot Psu100 can lookup to psu000, psu010 & psu011 Psu110 can NOT lookup to psu000, psu010 & psu011 I verified resolv.conf entries on both psu000 and psu010 and it contains both name servers (10.200.10.21 & 10.200.11.22).I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorohan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command behaving strangely

Hi, I need to count number of '$' symbol in a file and assign it to a variable. I am using below command. grep -c '\$' inputfile O/p: 10359 Its giving correct o/p but when I am assigning the same to a variable its giving completely different o/p. ab1=`grep -c '\$' inputfile` $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk not behaving as expected

Hi, Immediate help on below will be appreciated. I have to read a file (max of 10MB) which will have no new line characters, i.e. data in single line. and have to inster '\n' at every 100 characters. and if record starts with 'BUCA' then need to pick value of length 10 at position 71 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maks475
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] wc behaving weirdly

Can anyone explain why wc is behaving weirdly? Their are only 2 occurrences but wc thinks their are 7 occurrences. I have even manually checked this. $ grep -i base * lit: base xx lit.lst:003- 00103 BASE XX $ grep -i base * | wc -w ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
ftprestart(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftprestart(1M)

NAME
ftprestart - restart previously shutdown FTP Servers SYNOPSIS
ftprestart [-V] DESCRIPTION
Use the ftprestart command to restart an FTP Server previously shut down by means of ftpshut(1M). The ftprestart command reads the shutdown capability from the ftpaccess(4) file to determine the path of the shutdown message files. It then reenables the FTP Server by removing any shutdown message files in the anonymous and virtual FTP Server area, as well as the system wide shutdown message file. OPTIONS
The ftprestart command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample Output from ftprestart The following example shows sample output from the ftprestart command: example% ftprestart ftprestart: /export/home/ftp/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /export/home/virtual1/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpshut(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftprestart(1M)