Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking howto start with gateway / router / masquerading Post 302340573 by pludi on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 02:11:10 AM
Old 08-04-2009
Since it's all private IP addresses, simple IP forwarding should be enough. In /etc/sysctl.conf, set net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 , and to enable it right away, type
Code:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

as root

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

2. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
map-mbone(1M)															     map-mbone(1M)

NAME
map-mbone - Multicast Router Connection Mapper SYNOPSIS
debuglevel] retries] timeout] [multicast-router] DESCRIPTION
requests the multicast router connection information from the multicast-router, and prints the information to the standard out. sends out the ASK_NEIGHBORS igmp message to the multicast-router. When the multicast-router receives the request, it sends back its configuration information. multicast-router can be either an ip address or a system name. If the multicast-router is not specified, flood mode is on by default and the igmp request message is sent to all the multicast router on the local network. With flood mode on, when finds new neighbor routers from the replies, it will send the same igmp request to the new neighbor routers. This activity continues until no new neighbor routers are reported in the replies. The command line options are: Sets the level for printing out the debug message. The default is 0, which prints only error and warning messages. Debug level three prints most the messages. Sets the retry times to poll the routing daemon for information. The default is 1. It specifies the timeout value in seconds for waiting the reply. The default value is 2 seconds. Sets the flood mode on. It is the default value when no multicast-router is given on the command line input. Generates output in GRaphEd format. Disable DNS lookup for the multicast router names. The output contains the interface configuration information of the requested router(s). The format for each interface output is: If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, they will all be reported. The neighbor_name will not be printed if the option is specified on the command line. The possible values for are: Neighbors are reached via tunnel. The tunnel uses IP source routing. The interface is down. The interface is administratively disabled for multicast routing. The local router is the querier of the subnet. The format of the GRaphEd output is: If there is no neighbor router on an interface, then a will be put next to the node_name. If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, all of them will be reported. The possible values for are: The neighbor is reached via tunnel. The neighbor is on the same network/subnet. The interface is down. Please see mrouted(1M) for and EXAMPLES
Querying for the multicast router connection information. 127.0.0.1 (localhost) [version 3.3]: 193.2.1.39 -> 0.0.0.0 (all-zeros-broadcast) [1/1/disabled] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.255.176.33 (matmos.hpl.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.17.20.7 (hpspddc.vid.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel/down] Querying for multicast router connectivity with option: GRAPH "Multicast Router Connectivity: Wed Feb 1 17:34:59 1995"=UNDIRECTED 252537488 {$ NP 1440 1060 $} "hpntc1t.cup.hp.com*" ; 252538974 {$ NP 940 1120 $} "hpntcbs.cup.hp.com" 252537488 "10/1E" 252539807 "1/1P" ; 252539807 {$ NP 1590 1150 $} "hpntc1h.cup.hp.com*" ; Note must be run as root. AUTHOR
was developed by Pavel Curtis. SEE ALSO
mrouted(1M), mrinfo(1M). map-mbone(1M)