Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris List of files last modified 30/60/90 days Post 302340547 by ilikecows on Monday 3rd of August 2009 10:23:52 PM
Old 08-03-2009
To place your listing of modified files in a file:
Code:
find /your_stuff -mtime 30 -exec ls -ld {} \; > output_file

To see how much disk space the modified files consume:
Code:
find /your_stuff -mtime 30 -exec ls -ld {} \; | awk '{x = x + $5'; print x}' | tail -1

Make sure to replace 30 with the number of days you are searching for. The disk usage will be in bytes.

If you want to track growth you can do du -hs /yourstuff on the directory you are tracking and keeping track of the change in disk usage.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to zip a modified file 15 days before but not scanning my sub directory files

I am using zip -m option to zip my files, but i dont want my sub directories files to be zipped (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skrish70
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list last 10 days modified files

All, Is there is anyother single command that will handle ls -lrt | tail -10 Please let me know Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files & Folders created/modified

Hello people, I want to list the files & folders created/modified since a particular date say June 2006. I know I can list recursively thru the folders and use awk to extract the date column to get the desired output. Just wanted to check whether there is an easier way to do this. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Finding list of modified files for a particular time duration

Hi , I am trying to find out the List of files modified or added aftter installation of any component on SUN solaris box . But i am not able to do it using ls or find command . Can somebody help me out ? Thanks Sanjay Gupta (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanajyg_mnit
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list exe files modified before certain dates

Can you please tell me how I can list all EXE files in a dir and Subdir which where modified say before 01/01/2006 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fremont
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a list of files that were modified after a given date.

Hello Mates! I'm kinda new to unix and need to a solve a problem. Input: date Situation: With the given date I need to find a list of all such files starting from a given path that were modified after the given date. I experimented with the "find" with "-newer" but did not quite get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkka
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help - Find command with list of files modified descending Order

Hi, I would like to know the command to get the files order in descending order with "FIND" command. Appreciate your help Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

list of files modified 10 hours ago using grep

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is the question: Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
CYR_EXPIRE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     CYR_EXPIRE(8)

NAME
cyr_expire - expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries SYNOPSIS
cyr_expire [ -C config-file ] [ -D delete-days ] -E expire-days [ -X expunge-days ] [ -p mailbox-prefix ] [ -v ] DESCRIPTION
Cyr_expire is used to expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries. Cyr_expire also cleanses mailboxes of partially expunged messages (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). The expiration of messages is controlled by the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation which specifies the age (in days) of messages in the given mailbox that should be deleted. Any duplicate delivery database entries which correspond to the mailbox are also deleted at the same frequency. The value of the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation is inherited by all children of the given mailbox, so an entire mailbox tree can be expired by seting a single annotation on the root of that tree. If a mailbox does not have a /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation set on it (or does not inherit one), then no messages are expired from the mailbox. Cyr_expire reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -D delete-days Remove previously deleted mailboxes older than delete-days (when using the "delayed" delete mode). -E expire-days Prune the duplicate database of entries older than expire-days. This value is only used for entries which do not have a correspond- ing /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation. -X expunge-days Expunge previously deleted messages older than expunge-days (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). -x Do not expunge messages even if using delayed expunge mode (reduces the IO hit considerably, allowing you to run cyr_expire fre- quently to clean up the duplicate database without overloading your server) -p mailbox-prefix Only find mailboxes starting with this prefix. e.g. "user.justgotspammedlots" -v Enable verbose output. -a Skip the annotation lookup, so all /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotations are ignored entirely. It behaves as if they were not set, so only expire-days is considered for all mailboxes. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), master(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CYR_EXPIRE(8)