Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verify large file with Unix function Post 302340506 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 3rd of August 2009 04:11:11 PM
Old 08-03-2009
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File System performance with large directories

Hi, how does the Unix File System perform with large directories (containing ~30.000 files)? What kind of structure is used for the organization of a directory's content, linear lists, (binary) trees? I hope the description 'Unix File System' is exact enough, I don't know more about the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dive
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to split a large data file using a Unix script

Greetings all: I am still new to Unix environment and I need help with the following requirement. I have a large sequential file sorted on a field (say store#) that is being split into several smaller files, one for each store. That means if there are 500 stores, there will be 500 files. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAIK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to edit large file in unix

hi All, Plz let me know how to edit a file with 2000000 records. each record contains with 40 field seperated by |. i want modify 455487 record, but i am uable to edit this large file using vi editor in unix. plz let me know how to modify this file. Thanks in advance. -Bali Reddy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying large file problem on SVR4 Unix

We have 3 Unix servers all running SVR4 Unix 1.4. I have no problems copying files to and from 2 of the servers using either the rcp command or ftp but when i come to transfer large files to the third server the copy gives up part way through and crashes this server. Copying smaller files using RCP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coatesd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify the data type in a file with UNIX function

I am seeking help on this UNIX function, please help. Thanks in advance. I have a large file, named as 'MyFile'. It was tab-delmited, I am told that each record in column 1 is unique. How would I verify this with UNIX function or command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify a flat file with UNIX function or script.

I re-post my question to seek your help and critique. I was required to verify a very large and tab-delimited file, named 'MyFile'. 1. The each line in 'MyFile' has 7 columns, and that the values in the 5th column are integers. I need to use shell functions (and standard LINUX/UNIX filters) to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to send large file through E-mail IN Unix AIX

hI ALL, I am newbie to Unix.There are 2 GB files in UNIX that should be sent to one of my friend who is working on Windows Environment.Is there any way to send these file to him? By Compressing like that? Can anyone help on this? With thanks, Aravindh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aravindhbabu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone verify the code of two function

Input=D123,S1234,D345 | kESTREL PRODUCTION SUPPORT echo -en "Enter the logmsg=" read logmsg logmsg1=${logmsg%%|*}; echo "$logmsg1"|tr ',' '\n' | sed 's/*$ | sed '/^$/d'//'>pre-commit.config Char() { while read line do if ] || ];then echo "Success" else exit 1;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command to extract empty field in a large UNIX file?

Hi All, I have records in unix file like below. In this file, we have empty fields from 4th Column to 22nd Column. I have some 200000 records in a file. I want to extract records only which have empty fields from 4th field to 22nd filed. This file is comma separated file. what is the unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
POM2(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   POM2(1)

NAME
pom2 - convert POD to Text, HTML, etc., with Pod::POM SYNOPSIS
pom2 text MyFile.pm > MyFile.txt pom2 html MyFile.pm > MyFile.html pom2 pod MyFile.pm > Myfile.pod pom2 format [options] MyFile.pm > Myfile.xyz DESCRIPTION
This script uses "Pod::POM" to convert a Pod document into text, HTML, back into Pod (e.g. to normalise a document to fix any markup errors), or any other format for which you have a view module. If the viewer is not one of the viewers bundled with "Pod::POM", the script searches for an installed "Pod::POM::View" module that matches the specified format. For example if you have "Pod::POM::View::DocBook" installed then you could say: pod2 docbook MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml If any options other than "--help" are specified then they are passed to the constructor method of the view class. For example: pod2 docbook --root=chapter --titlecasing MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml would convert the Pod document to a DocBook chapter document with the titlecasing option enabled. Note that any string prefixed by ""--"" is taken as a valid option and passed to the constructor; if no value is specified then a value of 1 is passed in. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@kfs.org> extended by Andrew Ford <A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk> VERSION
This is version 0.3 of pom2. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2009 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
For further information please see Pod::POM. perl v5.16.3 2010-04-01 POM2(1)