Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Allignment
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Allignment Post 302340412 by Shazin on Monday 3rd of August 2009 10:28:15 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Hi

Many thanks. but I have formulated a work around for the same....

Cheers,
Shazin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment of lines in a file

Hi All, I am using the below scrit to insert lines in a file: #!/bin/ksh # To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite" read url # To delete the last line if it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux 'paste' allignment problem

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 #!/usr/bin/perl print "c\tc\t\n"; # cat 2 #!/usr/bin/perl print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; # perl 1 > 11 # perl 2 > 22 # cat 11 c c # cat 22 b b b b b b # paste 11 22 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text allignment using PERL

Hi Friends, For daily reports i make perl script like below. @dirlist = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1 >create.txt`; @dirlist1 = `cat out.txt|wc -l *e* >create2.txt`; open FILE, ">OUTPUT.txt"; @command = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1`; print FILE map{$_-2 ."\n"}@command; @dirlist2 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaleru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output allignment

Hi Guys, I hope you are doing good out there. I am facing some issues in the alligment of the output of a shell script. Below is the statement which is formatting the output:echo $File | awk -F '' '{print $13,$15="\t"$16,$4="",$5,$6,$7}' and its output is Domain Log file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment input file

Guys, I have a requirement as below 36%/ 55%/var 82%/tmp 74%/opt now i want the output to be --------------------------------- Disk% Mount --------------------------------- 36% / 55% var 82% tmp 74% opt ---------------------------------------- I have used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)			  systemd-tty-ask-password-agent			 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)

NAME
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent - List or process pending systemd password requests SYNOPSIS
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime. systemd-tty-ask-password-agent implements the Password Agents Specification[1], and is one of many possible response agents which answer to queries formulated with systemd-ask-password(1). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --list Lists all currently pending system password requests. --query Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY. --watch Continuously process password requests. --wall Forward password requests to wall(1) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --plymouth Ask question with plymouth(8) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --console Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-ask-password-console.service(8), wall(1), plymouth(8) NOTES
1. Password Agents Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)